How do I export my new bus devices from WorkVisual to my Kuka C4 controller

• I am using a Kuka KR C4 controller and a Kuka KR20 1810-2 robot. I am trying to configure my controller to recognize my Beckoff I/O ports. I have added the Ethercat devices to the bus structure of my controller in WorkVisual. I attached a screenshot of this.

How do I export these changes to my Kuka C4 controller? And do I need to save or modify any settings on my controller before I do this?

I have seen both the File > Export and the Extras > Deploy functions mentioned. But I am not sure which one is appropriate for making this change.

• Deploy the project to the controller. Yes, to deploy you can go Extras>Deploy, or on the top bar to the left of the question mark, there is the Deploy shortcut. If you made changes on the controller that are not in the project, then you may loose them,

I prefer to always import from the controller, save, save a new version, make changes, then deploy to the controller.

• This. Definitely this. That way, you have a good project to roll back to if something goes wrong with the edits.

Okay, will my Kuka controller have a project on it already if I have never used it with WorkVisual before? Or is this something that I only have to do once I have already deployed a project to it?

Is this the proper way to import a project?
    Open a project in Workvisual, then click File > Import File > then select a controller and directory

• several projects can exist of the robot controller but of course only one of them can be active.

i would suggest to save your project with a new name before deploying. that way project on robot is not overwritten (you can delete it later if you want to).

perhaps add version number or timestamp to project name

MyProject_V1.wvs, or MyProject_20200922.wvs

also note that before deploying project to robot controller, any KOP found on D: of the KRC need to be integrated into WoV. failure to do that could result in incomplete compile of the project. You would see 0 compilation errors but once the project is transferred and activated there would be tons of problems, often every program module would have an red X across the icon.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I use WorkVisual 5.0 or 6.0 and usually it takes to choose Configuration and commissioning on the bottom in the left corner, than to click File -> Browse for project.

In new window you will see you cell name and a list of the projects. Normally, your actual project is on the top of the list.

Than try :

I prefer to always import from the controller, save, save a new version, make changes, then deploy to the controller.

Advertising from our partners