Octopuz vs Delfoi for Offline Programming

• Hello everybody! My company is currently looking at both delfoi as well as Octopuz to program an IGM Welding robot. We will be adding more robots of various other manufacturers in the future and that is part of the reason we are going with a dedicated Offline program software instead of using the OEM software offered for the machines.

I have looked up a ton of videos on both softwares and would like opinions of them from people who actually use them and aren’t paid by them. I am most interested in the complaints people have about the software. All software has flaws and we don’t expect them to perform flawlessly from day one, but we would like to not have to use a workaround for every program we do.

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Thanks!

• I have used both of these quite a bit. At my former company, we used Octopuz. They were actually acquired by ESAB last year. Great company to work with. We had some issues getting up and running, but eventually it worked well for us. We had them build custom posts that didn't work the best after they set us up initially, but that was honestly on us as much as it was them. We had Fanuc and ABB robots there. Used mainly for arc welding, with some pick and placing parts. When I was there, we didn't see a huge difference between the two that made us say 'wow', so we went with Octopuz because they had support that worked the same hours we did in Iowa.

I just purchased Delfoi at the company I am at now. I will say that I like their weld interface a little more than Octopuz. That being said, Octopuz is supposed to be coming with a pretty big update fairly soon that is going to improve theirs a ton. The reason I made the switch to Delfoi is that I bought a new robot from their reseller in the US as well, which came with some pricing incentives. Delfoi also has US support now.

I don't have anything bad to say about either company, and I would say you would be fine either way you went. One thing to think about going into it though, be sure you know exactly what you want, and how your robot will function, or how it does now, and make sure that if they have any custom work it is done on the front end.

• One thing to notice is that both softwares have the same base, Visual Components (as well as KUKA Sim).

But I think Delfoi is a little bit ahead in the field of arc welding.

And last time I've checked, Octopuz wasn't compatible with IGM robots.

Advertising from our partners