S4C+ M2000 won’t boot

• Hi Nortech,

I have the same problem here? Did you succeed with replaced IO Computer? My robot is IRB1400 M2000 and was not powered for at least 4 years. Pendant is not communicating with Controller, NS light is OFF, EN Light is OFF. All other signals are OK.

I manage to hook thru null modem cable on MC Console. Deleted the image and rebooted, but no change.

FTP is not working, so I couldn't reload the backup from RobInstall.

Any ideas?

• Hi all on this thread,

i too am having the same issue with an IRB2400, S4C+ controller. So far i have tried:

• replacing the IOC from another working robot - no change
    • replacing the DSQC 504 from another working robot - no change
    • i have also swapped the main computer board DSCQ500 to no avail.

The last thing i swapped was the flash disk, to one with an unknown status. i did get a slight change on booting, where i lose the line

"21-09-24 09:18:14 MC0: iomgr_remote.c 2729 IoMgrRemoteInit: Can't open the Car2"

see below for hyperterminal echo...

/// Bootloader 1.1/8 Nov 24 1999, 00:20:32 ///

disk 0:0 ATA M-Systems iDOC V1.09

done.

system: '/hd0a'

release: '/hd0a'

Loading module /hd0a/bin/mc 1608728 + 60144 + 1028576

Loaded configuration /hd0a/mc.cfg

Starting at 0x108000...

Starting RTC synchronization of system time...

/hd0a/ - Volume is OK

Phys mem : 0x1fff000

Perm pool : 0xa00000 @ 0x15ff000

LocalCA mem : 0x18000 @ 0x88000

LocalSM mem : 0x8000 @ 0x80000

Local mem : 0x15ff000.

BSP version : 1.1/15

Creation date: May 19 2005 02:55:55

Main network : fei0 00:01:af:0c:78:07

Executing startup script /hd0a/bin/mc.bat ...

mRouteAdd "192.168.125.64","192.168.125.2",0xffffffe0,0,0

value = 0 = 0x0

sp root_entry,"bin/install.cmd"

task spawned: id = 0x14babb8, name = t1

value = 21736376 = 0x14babb8

System pool was initialized

Global pool was initialized

pf_mem_init: Backup battery week = 47.

Done executing startup script /hd0a/bin/mc.bat

Status -1 from loadComputer

Status -1 from invoke IoMgrRemoteInit

Has anyone got any other ideas???

Much appreciated.

Rod.

• Some further info....

i took the entire PC from an IRB140 and plugged it into my 2400l and it powered up OK (with lots of errors of course for mismatch of manipulators and parameters, etc).

Next step i used the Flash disk with no system on it and managed to build the robot system (with proper key string from ABB). The robot powered up and moved - success with different PC.

I also managed to load the same system onto a spare flash disk that i thought was wiped and corrupted.

Next step was to test the newly loaded flash drive with the original PC.

No luck and got the following hyperterminal dump..

/hd0a/ - Volume is OK

Phys mem : 0x1fff000

Perm pool : 0x8e4c20 @ 0x171a3e0

LocalCA mem : 0x18000 @ 0x88000

LocalSM mem : 0x8000 @ 0x80000

Local mem : 0x171a3e0.

BSP version : 1.1/15

Creation date: Jun 4 2003 07:14:02

Main network : fei0 00:01:af:0c:78:07

Executing startup script /hd0a/3HAC6811-1.80/bin/mc.bat ...

mRouteAdd "192.168.125.64","192.168.125.2",0xffffffe0,0,0

value = 0 = 0x0

taskSpawn "root",100,28,40000,root_entry

value = 22887224 = 0x15d3b38

image_restore: 728 ms)

System pool was restored

Global pool was restored

0x15d3b38 (root): sysbsu_init

Console memory, size: 20000, startaddress: 0x193f254.

Buffer already created, size: 19968

Done executing startup script /hd0a/3HAC6811-1.80/bin/mc.bat

-> gtime_init: ERROR, can't reach any PCI device!

Status -1 from invoke gtime_init

Status -1 from loadComputer

Status -1 from invoke IoMgrRemoteInit

It appears to be a PC issue, however changing the individual PCI cards previously had no success. Now looking to change the motherboard in the PC (if i can).

Any other ideas from the brain trust???

Cheers,

Rod.

• Hello,

maybe it is stupid question but... I had to check, if controller witch is storing at magazin for 3 years, is able to work. I am lazy, and i tried to run it up without connected robot. I got same problem like in this topic, but now i wander if this situation could be cause by unplugged manipulator ?

• So I finally got back to this.

I changed:

IO computer

Axis computer

Computer power supply

Compact flash

And nothing changed….

I’m thinking maybe main computer? Although it seems to be booting up according the the readout from hyper terminal and the fact that both green lights are on.

I might try to change the main power supply even though it seems ok based on previous comments.

One interesting observation was that from taking the main computer unit in and out so many times from changing the various components, one time I forgot to put back in all the plugs so basically powered it on with out the main computer unit plugged in. Interestingly, the teach pendant did exactly the same thing, counting up infinitely. Makes me wonder am I missing something? Obviously I have already tried a different pendant and checked the wiring from the x20 plug inside the controller.

Another notable point is the the controller battery unit is likely dead. I know that the main power supply circuit to the main computer goes through the battery unit, could this cause as issue?

Lastly, on the DSQC504 base unit connector has no leds illuminated on it. Should they be on? I’m referring to the CAN 1 and CAN 2 NS and MS leds.

Thanks all.

• I’m thinking maybe main computer? Although it seems to be booting up according the the readout from hyper terminal and the fact that both green lights are on.

Lastly, on the DSQC504 base unit connector has no leds illuminated on it. Should they be on? I’m referring to the CAN 1 and CAN 2 NS and MS leds.

Referring to the "both green lights are on" - Is that the Power & Status LEDs on the DSQC540? If so that is good.

Referring to "no leds illuminated" on the DSQC504 - you should be getting at least the MS (Module Status). Check power coming to the DSQC504 Base Unit at X13 in the bottom right corner. The pendant is getting power so it's probably getting the 24SYS but the other CAN on the DSQC504 use the 24I/O that runs thru an auto resettable fuse if I remember right. You could disconnect all 3 CAN connectors across the top plus the I/O CAN on the middle left and power up see if the MS come up.

Do you have a known good DSQC504?

• Referring to the original post:

Here are my LED's

-----------------------

On the Power Supply I am green.

---------------------

On the DSQC 509

En: Nothing

MS: Green

NS: Nothing

-----------------

DSQC 504

Nothing

----------------

CPU

PWR: Green

HDD: Nothing

----------------------

These have not changed at all. That‘a a huge red flag then if I should have power on the DSQC504. I’ll will locate one and replace it and hope for the best. Before I replace it I’ll pull up the schematics and check the power supply as you’ve said.

Thanks skooter

• This is a tough one!

Replaced the DSQC504 after checking all of the incoming voltages. All were ok. One of the 15v was around 12.7 so I also replaced the power supply.

Still nothing! The new DSQC504 doesn’t have MS light illuminated either. I tried it with no plugs in the DSQC504 except power in and it’s still not on so I don’t know?

The plug coming from the power supply has 12 pins, the base unit has 15 pins but only 12 are used.

According to the schematic, pin 13 is used as 24V IO and this circuit runs through some sort of thermal switch on the transformer. However, my controller does not have this circuit - I’m assuming it’s a later revision or perhaps the automotive controller.

I’ve changed almost everything now except the main computer… any ideas?

• Hi Skooter.

You’ve gone out of your way there to do that so thank you very much.

Interesting to see your DSQC504 only lights up after a while.

Mine gets to the stage where on the CPU, power is solid green, HD blinks several times and status flashes green but never gets past that!

I guess the nest step would be to change the entire computer unit as SomeTekk mentioned.

• Not sure if you can hear in the video, but there is an audible relay click just before the Connection Unit module status (MS) LED turns on. Does yours do that?

I’ve asked the guy on-site to replicate your video but I would be fairly confident that mine does not do that. Do you know where that relay is located? Is it the one on the DSQC504?

Advertising from our partners