Problem configuring PROFISafe for RB30+ controller with CP1604 card

• Hello everyone,

we're facing very strange problems with the PROFIsafe configuration for one of our Fanuc robots.

Configuration is done according the Fanuc manuals B-83184EN/12 and B-82864EN/06.

Profinet is working without any problems.

On the plc side they are no PROFIsafe errors, on the robot side the PROFISafe status is "Running", iPar_CRC is received and matched, but the controller is showing "SRVO-419 DCS PROFIsafe comm. error 1,1.". Syncronisation of the safe inputs/outputs is also not working.

The CP1604 is configured with TIA Portal, with PROFIsafe norm v2.4 (3 Byte CRC) enabled.

We tried v2.6.1(4 Byte CRC) also, but in that case we had lot more errors on the robot side.

Controller: RB30+

Software: V9.30P / 7DF3

CP1604: Firmware 2.7.2 from Fanuc

GSD: Created with TIA Portal v16

I have attached some screenshots from our setup on the robot and plc.

Any advice will be very helpful, our local Fanuc support couldn't also help us so far.

PROFISafe.zip

• DS186 no we didn't program any reintegration logic on the plc.

We have other PROFISafe devices in the project and we are using F_ACK_GL for them.

I couldn't find any reference for setting up the reintegration for CP1604, in the FANUC manuals there is also nothing about this.

• Zenon,

Okay I understand. The reintegration of the CP1604 should also work with the ACK_GL function.

I will send you a PM with a guide about the configuration and integration of the CP1604.

• Hello DS186,

I integrated the Safety reintegration for the CP1604 as described in the manual and the connection issues disappeared.

As you mention ACK_GL should also work, but we hadn't the robot safety I/Os nowhere in our safety program.

Thank you very very much!! You save me another week of headaches:))

• Hi, I tried v2.6.1(4 Byte CRC) and generated GSD file, but when I configured it into PLC, the safety IO length change to 13 ( which I think should be 12?), is this correct or not.

Also , Can you share the reintegration manual to me please?

• Zenón,

Está bien, lo entiendo. La reintegración de la CP1604 también debería funcionar con la función ACK_GL.

Te enviaré un PM con una guía sobre la configuración e integración de la CP1604

Hola estoy teniendo el mismo problema, me puedes compartir la guía que mencionas, por favor.

• I am also having issues setting up this CP1604. If you could send the manual that would be greatly appreciated. My issue is that the Fanuc Screen does not even show SF, or safety card, but instead shows as 13 bytes of I/O instead of the 12 (8 safety and 4 'trailing') I should expect from the document I have. I did see I might be using the wrong Profisafe. My project has Profisafe version 2.6 instead of 2.4 selected in TIA which may be the issue.

• You are right. The PROFIsafe V2.6 is the reason for the additional byte. The CP1604 should only be used with V2.4. I will send you a PM with the guide.

Hi, could you also send me the manual please? Struggling here for 2 days.

Advertising from our partners