Kuka SmartPad only boots to WinCE - Kuka IIWA

• Hi all!

I have a Kuka IIWA 14 robot. It started crashing some time ago, therefore I ordered a KUKA USB Recover Stick and reinstalled the WinC and WinD partitions on the controller. Everything seems OK so far. But there seems to be an issue with the smartPad.

On the controller (with the display and a keyboard connected) I cannot start the ApplicationServer or the smartHMI app - apps don't exist as shortcuts are pointing to the wrong destination. SmartPad boots to winCE and stays there, without any connection to Kuka PC and I think there is a problem. As far as I recall, it should mount a network drive from the controller and install the application. Then the controller is supposed to run the StartApplicationServer.exe and the HMI should appear.

If I try to connect from smartPad to krc (ip being 192.168.0.1), with credentials of KukaUser/KukaSystem/target etc., I always get an error about invalid certificate.

To recap:

• After USB Recovery procedure, the controller boots, ping to 172.31.1.147 works.
    • SmartPad displays WinCE Desktop with no working application.
    • Controller "StartApplicationServer" and "StartHMI" fails.
    • SmarPad cannot connect (remote desktop or mount) to kuka controller.

Can I somehow fix the smartPad, or is the trouble somewhere else? Is there a way to recover a smartPad from a recovery USB?

Best,

Domen

• Hi all!

I have a Kuka IIWA 14 robot. It started crashing some time ago, therefore I ordered a KUKA USB Recover Stick and reinstalled the WinC and WinD partitions on the controller. Everything seems OK so far.

On the controller (with the display and a keyboard connected) I cannot find the ApplicationServer or the smartHMI folder on C:/KRC/. It seems like they don't exists. Is it possible images: imageC.wim or imageD.wim (I got imageC and imageD .wim from Kuka officially) are corrupted?

I have been on this issues for the past week and can not seem to fix it :loudly_crying_face:

Best!

• since smartPad was working before and you did not update it, normally there is nothing to fix on smartPad...

you changed image on hdd and that is where i would look for trouble.

are you sure that image is ok? are you sure that image is complete and not just windows?

if it is only Windows then Sunrise still need to be installed.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• since smartPad was working before and you did not update it, normally there is nothing to fix on smartPad...

you changed image on hdd and that is where i would look for trouble.

are you sure that image is ok? are you sure that image is complete and not just windows?

if it is only Windows then Sunrise still need to be installed.

Thank you for your reply.

I had to install the SuriseOS from SunriseWorkbench under StationSetup - Install - InstallOS. Then the KRC restarted, the smartPad was re-configured and updated end everything works as expected.

Advertising from our partners