End Effector Question

• Hello,

Please let me know if this is posted in the wrong place but I am not sure where to put it. I have a cell that we will be using for polishing the outside of exhaust tubes of various lengths but they all have the same inner diameter. I have spent all day looking online for a company that has an end effector that we could use to grab and rotate the parts for polishing. We are trying to grab the pipe from the inside and use pneumatics to expand the gripper so it has a firm hold on the inside of the tubing. But I was hoping to find something that would then be able to continually rotate the pipe from the inside where it is gripped using another axis or motion group so that I wouldn't have to pull the part off the polishing belt repeatedly or rotate in opposite directions to not exceed my axis limits. Does anyone know of any EOAT that is even remotely like what I am describing? Or anything that we could minimally modify to work or if you have built something like this in house before I would love to get some tips. I am having an extremely hard time finding anything that might even possibly work and I would prefer to not have to wait for a fully custom EOAT to be made if I don't have to.

Thanks for any help that you may have!

Advertising from our partners