Wago 750-306 DeviceNet connection problem via the MFC card

• Good evening,

Brief description: Kuka Kr210, KRC2, KSS 5.6.12.

I have installed Wago 750-306, 750-402, 750-504 modules and I'm trying to implement DeviceNet connection via the MFC card.

IOSYS.INI

[DRIVERS]

DEVNET=2,dnInit,dn2drv.o

[DEVNET]

INB0=1,0,x1 ;$DIN[1-8]

OUTB0=1,0,x1 ;$DOUT[1-8]

DEVNET.INI

[krc]

debug=0

baudrate=500

[1]

macid=1

The slide switches adjusted according the Wago 750-306 documentation:

Slide switch 1 = ON for macid=1

Slide switch 8 = ON for baudrate=500

Wago 750-306 devicenet cabel/connectors according the manuals, connector pin voltages:

V+ 24V

CanH 2-3V

CanL 2-3V

Driver reconfiguration:

Configure > I/O Driver > Reconfigure I/O Driver

Configuration error I/O driver DN2DRV

Results:

Unsuccessful Wago 750-305 DeviceNet connection via the MFC card.

Your opinion about the problem will be highly appreciated.

At the following images are the details of the installation as well as the Iosys.ini and Devnet.ini files.

• I could be mistaken, but was Macid 1 not reserved for the MFC itself? I always start with Macid 4 for the first device.

Also i could not see the second plug but i presume you have both terminating resistors installed?

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• can signals should be about 2.5V realtive to V-, so your voltages seem correct...

also I/O block must end with end-module to terminate the K-bus.

did you ever cycle power to the bus coupler after configuration? dip switch settings are only read at powerup. if the switches were changed while unit is powered, change will not be immediately active.

also check your cable. that is not a proper devicenet cable. communication cables have specific impedance and this is matched by terminating resistors. also you only show one terminating resistor... cannot really see resistor value. it is unclear if the cable is shielded and if the shield is properly grounded (no ground loops).

btw. when cable is wrong type, consider using lowest baud rate.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• (resister is not shown)

Excellent point -- that's always one of the first things to check.

DevNet requires a 120-ohm resistor on each end of the DevNet cable, wired between CAN+ and CAN-. If the cable is unplugged from every DevNet device (MFC, WAGO, etc), an ohm-meter check between CAN+and CAN- should show 60 ohms, or very close to it.

• I could be mistaken, but was Macid 1 not reserved for the MFC itself? I always start with Macid 4 for the first device.

Also i could not see the second plug but i presume you have both terminating resistors installed?

Yes, 120 ohm resistor installed on both sides.

• DevNet requires a 120-ohm resistor on each end of the DevNet cable, wired between CAN+ and CAN-. If the cable is unplugged from every DevNet device (MFC, WAGO, etc), an ohm-meter check between CAN+and CAN- should show 60 ohms, or very close to it.

Around 68 ohm between CAN+ CAN+ and between CAN- CAN- of the cable ends.

• Wago end module installed, dip switches adjusted before Wago powering up, 120 ohm resistor installed on each side of the cable, the cable is shielded, all done previoselly.

Edited once, last by Gocea ().

• Thanks to all participating in this issue.

Wago 750-306 DeviceNet connection via MFC card has been established.

As follows are the changes that has been implemented:

1. MFC driver has been activated in Iosys.ini;

2. All previous active inputs and outputs (including analogue) has been deactivated in Iosys.ini. Left INB0 and OUTB0, only;

3. Adjusted the lowest 125 Kboud baud rate.

The only unussual thing, MFC cards leds doesnt lights up !

Advertising from our partners