Process Simulate to Roboguide (Fanuc)

• Hello everyone,

I am working with Process Simulate and then transfer my program to Roboguide as .LS and then sent it to the real Fanuc Robot,

The thing is that I don't know how to send PR register, Utools adn UFrames from Process Simulate to Roboguide?

And another thing, sometimes, Process Simulate doesn't detect any singularity, but when the program is run by Roboguide it stucks in a singularity at some point, is there any way to check that in Process Simulate?

Thank you very much

• Unfortunately, UTOOL, UFRAMES and PR need to be inserted manually inside Roboguide.

And Process Simulate will detect singularities if you use FANUC RCS module, that needs a separate license and configuration. If you are not using RCS, Process will use default motion planner, and it isn't so accurate as RCS.

Roboguide, at other hand, has the RCS built inside, so it will perform more closely to a real robot.

Process Simulate 16 has a way to connect it to Roboguide, so You wouldn't need FANUC RCS. But this link require additional FANUC software, so You need to figure what will be the easiest way.

• I have RCS, but I didn't activate it, now that is activated, it does, indeed, detect singularities.

Do you have more details about connecting Process Simulate to Roboguide? what additional software do I need? and how to set up the connection?

Thank you very much

• This new feature is called Virtual Robot Controller (VRC) simulation

There is a short hint about it in this page

https://blogs.sw.siemens.com/t…/tecnomatix-16-whats-new/

To connect Process and Roboguide, specifically, you will need this softwares:

The following is a list of the software requirements for using Tecnomatix Virtual Robot Controller (VRC) Server for Fanuc robots:

• Siemens

Process Simulate (version 16.0 or higher)

Fanuc-R or Fanuc-Rj Japan OLP controller (latest)

Tecnomatix VRC Server Fanuc (latest)

• Fanuc

CAMConnection package including RoboGuide – v9, rev M or higher.

You can obtain the RoboGuide software package by contacting your local Fanuc representative and requesting one of the following:

Fanuc RoboGuide (A08B-9410-J605) and Fanuc RoboGuide/ Cam Connection PC option

(A08B-9410-J568)

RoboGuide/ Cam Connection package (A08B-9410-J684

You should notice that this feature is brand new, and have its bugs and quirks. If you already have FANUC RCS, this is the way to go, for now.

• 你说的这个确实是可以的,不过我目前任然没有测试出来,ABB和KUKA的确实可以连接进行控制,但是我找不到FANUC的那三个支持软件包。

学海无涯,回头是岸!:winking_face:

• Code
    I would like to know if you have the Tecnomatix VRC Server software and if so, to be able to share it?

Advertising from our partners