KUKA KR C2 + Binzel cat2

• Hello. We have a KUKA KR C2 welding robot and we have a Binzel CAT2 collision protection installed on it. The robot is not new, but used. Now this sensor does not work, and we don't know if it worked at all. Do I need to write it somewhere in the parameters of the robot? I also noticed that the connection wires go to the welder. Maybe there is a place to look? The welder fronius a-4600 wels

• CAT2 is a very simple product to test. Why not read the manual? Everything you need to know is in it.

Basically this is just a switch and to activate it, you need to apply torque. Torque limit depends on type so for details read the manual.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• If you have a collision with the torch you want to have two things:

1 - robot stops moving

2- welding stops welding

what is actually working or not working?

do you have a wiring diagram?

if your sensor is connected to the powersource it should stop welding, this signal also should be sent to the robot to stop moving ($move_enable?)

after collision you need to "free" the robot with something like a bypass switch. How is this one connected (maybe permanent or bypassing your sensor?)

• There is no wiring diagram. I read the manual, but there is no information. Can you tell me if this is the collision protection in the robot? We had MonOff, we turned it on to MonOn, but it's red, i.e. it's not active. It is also confusing that there is no LED on CAT2, but according to the instructions there should be one.

• it is just a momentary switch. to test it you can connect it to a test circuit. continuity check with multimeter will do. then apply torque to the sensor to activate it. depending on type,(-S, -M, -X, -XL) as shown by graphs and tables in the manual.

• and as manual shows, there is a wiring diagram.

as well as trip curve

which allows creating very simple test of the sensor:

one does not even need robot to test it. just a wrench, multimeter and the ability to interpret manual.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners