Easiest way to learn Yaskawa without going to their HQ's

• Hi all,

I am a controls tech that works in a very high pace bottling and packaging facility. Most of my job involves Controls type issues, but we do have one Yaskawa robot that tends to need attention. I am certified in Fanuc robots, but not Yaskawa. I had no problem learning the Fanuc controls so I do not envision having difficulty with Yaskawa. I need to find out the easiest way to learn these robots. I had access to Roboguide when I was learning Fanuc, so I am hoping to find something equal to that. I got access to Roboguide when i went through school. Does anyone know if there is an equivalent for Yaskawa? I just need an online class that will give it's students access to Motosim while in the class.

• Where are you located? Different countries may have different options.

An option is at the Motoman.com website. You can sift through the manuals. Downside is more than one person has said they spent more time to learn less stuff than going to a class.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Motosim is the Yaskawa simulation software.

It is a purchased software though you might be able to get a demo from your rep.

I learned what i know from reading the manuals and experimenting. I admit that I dont know every parameter and option, but I learned enough to keep the plant running smooth.

Advertising from our partners