IRB2400 M96 S4 Controller "Invalid or duplicated disk id" error when loading RobotWare

• Hi Everyone,

I have run in to a difficult problem while loading software in to a IRB 2400 M96, I get as far the second disk, the file abb_mc.001 completes the install 100% and after that I get the error "Invalid or duplicated disk id". Can't find any reference to this error anywhere. If any of you encountered or have any information how to solve this error, or any help you could provide I will be grateful, it is driving me insane.

Thank you for any suggestions you may provide.

Jerry Krzeminski

jerrykrez@gmail.com

• You don't say what version of software is being loaded.

Each disk in the S4 software disk package has a unique identity coded the DISC.ID file that includes the robot serial number that the software is licensed for. It gives this error if the current disk does match the encoded serial number of the previous disk.

Check the DISC.ID file on the disk giving the error and make sure it belongs with the software pack you are trying to load. You can view the nonencoded portion of the file by opening it with a text editor such as WordPad, Notepad, etc.

Glad to see you using HyperTerminal as a troubleshooting tool.

• Hi Skooter, thank you for your reply, the software I was using is RobotWare 2.1.8. I purchased this welding cell used at auction some years ago, the cell consisted of a IRB2400 (SN: 2400-3706) manipulator, track and two positioners, the cell was in operation till recently, the robot lost memory, bad batteries. There ware no original disks with the cell, just copies. I check the DISC.ID's in the text file and there is no serial number entered there, don't know what is encoded in that file. At first I went to ABB but they said that they stopped support for those generations of robots. So I am really stock, any ideas or guidance would be great.

• Although this is slightly different software, the disk #2 DISC.ID file should look similar to this when viewed with a text editor:

With the disk set you're using, the difference between disk 1 and disk 2 should be the Boot disk number and the special characters at end of the file that represent the embedded encoding on the disk.

DO NOT try to edit this file as it will not effect the encoding and only confuse/misrepresent what is encoded on the disk.

Post what you find.

• I see the issue with the software - the disks are from different software:

Disk 1(2) is from 3HAB2334-1 BaseWare OS RAP 2.1

Disk 2(2) is from 3HAB2333-1 BaseWare OS 2.1

Both disks need to be either 3HAB2333-1 or 3HAB2334-1. Can't mix them.

• I messed up by picking the wrong diskette, both are the same program numbers. If I provide the software to you can you get it to work, I will pay for the work you would need to do, I don't have the know how to get this done.

• I messed up by picking the wrong diskette, both are the same program numbers. If I provide the software to you can you get it to work, I will pay for the work you would need to do, I don't have the know how to get this done.

If you have the software, then you can easily do it. Are their ABB labels on the disks? If not, just sort all the disks by what is listed in the DISC.ID file on each disk and make a list. Post the list.

• There is no ABB labels, following is what is on those disks:

Boot disk 1 (2)

Boot unit no 0 Make cmd 4 Wed Mar 06 11:26:01 2002

Program no 3HAB2334-1/08

Serial no

Boot discette label text:BaseWare OS RAP 2.1

Property of ABB Vasteras/Sweden.All rights reserved.

Reproduction,modification,use or disclosure to third

parties without express authority is strictly forbidden.

(C) Copyright ABB Robotics Products AB 1993.

e¦ws†©­•c©‰Žj€—¬ždž‚~~–„ˆY\¯µ‹Šˆ¡£^†ˆ\gŽ¸™}–¥~˜g¼rŒ{n}ª‚œ†uv…Š~a…¡Œª¦³rywgxbšž]ƒp›—}™”ƒ]y¸^i‚‰‡¹©b’q¼£t¬´¹¿Š„Žœq{”e¿¾¦€»‘Ž›™lr”œ˜¾gtºƒ–†mji™•¬j…]{™¢žy—€º›»””pŠ¨š„„‘tig²°‚½b¿“§·˜„p|ž‘y‹oŽk²¼¥a`­nw|¸_¹—]]f«†­µu

Boot disk 2 (2)

Boot unit no 0 Make cmd 4 Wed Mar 06 11:26:04 2002

Program no 3HAB2334-1/08

Serial no

Boot discette label text:BaseWare OS RAP 2.1

Property of ABB Vasteras/Sweden.All rights reserved.

Reproduction,modification,use or disclosure to third

parties without express authority is strictly forbidden.

(C) Copyright ABB Robotics Products AB 1993.

’ˆfmfrw‰€p’ªmq©†“Ÿ›ª¥‚¡}np{qŽ¬…wfvz…¤f„›o~¢‚l‘›Y…Œ‰‹l¦v„iµˆ°lg\¤«“{pŠƒ`ªx¦c¬°j~cnj¯¸u¶g¿¸c’·_ªhžˆ·{°q®b’—y^±—p«r°¹¨¶¶¯¹€|¡fxo ¢±d¨dry€°¬’]¿p®vlš¢tv]]b½a}jpehg¤¦`½¦]º–†¬o²€†½’ª¯b—¿w¸žºc¨~y¯§^kˆ¹ln½q„¿·i´²¾uq´‹ˆ^´z³´p‡lz’`¡ž©dˆ|]”ªn

• Disc 1:

abb_boot.sys

abb_ioc.000

abb_load.cmd

abb_mc.000

abb_run.cmd

addexp.txt

sisc.ID

Disc 2:

abb_mc.001

adpgm.lod

apgm.lod

base.sys

com_ext.cfg

com_mmc.cfg

datatype.cfg

disc.ID

eio.cfg

eio_mmc.cfg

hia.cfg

hic.cfg

hifi.cfg

hip.cfg

hiref.cfg

install.cmd

katakan.tpu

mmc.cfg

moc.chk

moc_mmc.cfg

moc_mmcs.cfg

pgmbtn.cfg

pgmbtn.eng

rlbasic.cfg

rlcom.cfg

rlcom.eng

rlcure.cfg

rlcure.eng

rlexe.cfg

rlexe.eng

rlio.cfg

rlio.eng

rlload.cfg

rlload.eng

rlmath.cfg

rlmath.eng

rlmmec.cfg

rlmmec.eng

rlmove.cfg

rlmove.eng

rlmset.cfg

rlmset.eng

rlmsrc.cfg

rlmsrc.eng

rlmsys.cfg

rlmsys.eng

rlraps.cfg

rlraps.eng

rlset.cfg

rlset.eng

rlstr.cfg

rlstr.eng

rlsys.cfg

rlsys.eng

rltrap.cfg

rltrap.eng

rltrig.cfg

rltrig.eng

startup.cmd

sys.cfg

sys_mmc.cfg

user.sys

usrmmc.cfg

usrsys.cfg

vm.cfg

• 2400_3706 worked, thank you all for your help. As I mention in a previous post that I would like to pay you for your effort and time, my email is jerrykrez@gmail.com, please tell me the amount or give me a invoice and I will send the money. I still need other discs reviewed to make sure all is in order in the attached folder. Thank you:smiling_face:

Advertising from our partners