DX100 Position Error?

• Hi all

I have an issue with my DX100 controller and I'd love some help before I call the Yaskawa technicians and use up my research funds unnecessarily. Heres the story:

The (SDA-10D) robot was working fine until it came up with an alarm half way through a job. I didn't write down the code (rookie error) but it was a "Position Error", and the alarm was a major alarm as I couldn't reset without rebooting. I rebooted, but the pendant doesn't get any further than a white screen displaying "Starting up system" in blue and below that "Start Online Process" in black. The 7-segment LED indicator on the JANCD-YIF01 board shows "E", and all of the other indicators show "d" after booting. I'm not sure if there is a way to get the error/alarm code from these indicators?

I had a look over the possible major alarm codes which include "position error" and these are 1332, 1333, 1585 and 1679. All except for 1585 are for "EAXA" board failure.

Is there anything I may have overlooked, aside from writing down the actual alarm code, of course? From my observations it seems quite likely that the EAXA board is damaged.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

• The 7-segment LED indicator on the JANCD-YIF01 board shows "E", and all of the other indicators show "d" after booting. I'm not sure if there is a way to get the error/alarm code from these

The "E" just means there is an error. The "d" means those boards booted up ok.

Go to SYSTEM INFO, then ALARM HISTORY. Navigate to the MAJOR ALARM and see what the alarm number is and the subcode. Hard to troubleshoot off of the description since you essentially have two robots and and external axis. The subcode will tell the piece of hardware the alarm is associated with.

Of course this is assuming you can get the system booted up to even see the history.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I uploaded the old CMOS.BIN file in maintenance mode and the controller now boots up in "normal" mode. However I am getting ALARM 0500 "segment proc not ready". If I reboot, sometimes it is fine and other times I still get Alarm 0500. The maintenance manual says that Alram 0500 is either from a setting error (I'm not sure how to check the "instruction execution cycle" as suggested) or from a YCP01 or YIF board failure. All the LED indicators in the controller are now showing "d".

You could have had a power spike that scrambled the memory. Do you have the CMOS.BIN file?

There was some new apparatus in action next door to my lab which sounded quite power hungry, so there could have been issues with the power supply.

• Alarm 0500 normally comes up on a DX100 when there is too much data traffic on the Ethernet line. Do you have the robot connected to a PLC via Ethernet? If so unplug the Ethernet cable to test.

Robodoc

Advertising from our partners