FANUC File manipulation

• Just a quick question. We have a R30iB that lost its image, but has all of the TP files saved to a USB. Is it possible using windows, to copy the TP files to the image of another robot, then remove the unused TP files and dump the image into the controller of the robot that lost its image? Basically i'm trying to move the image from one robot to another but delete the TP files and insert the original TP files. Will the controller accept the image or will it fault?

• 1. Do you have the original load media (USB software install) for your robot?

2. Is the other robot the exact same robot model, controller model, and software options that you need?

1.) The original load media was lost a while back when contractors were moving the robot controllers into a newly built electrical room and was just found missing when this issue arose.

2.) the robots are identical excpet for the password protection software option on the robot that i will be taking the image from.

• I guess what i'm asking is, can i copy TP files to another robots image as long as i remove the TP files from that image first and then use that image in an identical robot. Also, would the Password protect option of the software copy over to the new robot? We do not need the password option on this robot, but since it is already enabled would we need to log in to the TP in order to modify programs?

• There isn't really a need to load the TPs onto the image. Just load the image, then delete the unused TPs, and reload the TPs that you want. Why do you think you need to add them to the image?

To save time. There are a ton of programs on these robots (almost 150) and they are named the same for similar jobs, but there are differences and distinguishing between the two to delete the correct one will be too time consuming.

• For example, robot 1 lost its image and we do not have a complete image backup, but we do have the original TP files on a flash drive. Robot 2 performs a similar job but has fewer doors to enter so there are slight differences in the actual program even though they share the same name for the same job (the pathing is also slightly different.) Instead of trying to distinguish between which programs were robot 1 and which ones were robot 2 after loading the image, it would be easier to delete the TP files from robot 2 image, then copy the TP files I have from robot 1 to robot 2 image. My question is if this would even work, and would the password protect software option move with the image to robot 1?

• Firstly, yes the password protection will follow, but you can turn it off in the customization in a controlled start.

To your second item, technically yes it is possible, but it is not a simple process. You can turn the image files into a bootable drive and manually delete files, add the TPs you want, then split the image back up. I've done this with success, but it is a bit of a pain to do, and takes some trial and error to get it right.

What I would do would be just to delete the TPs once the image is installed, and then use the restore function from a controlled start and restore the TP files. This will auto load the TPs from your folder. Or just restore the MD and get back everything. This process wouldn't take overly long. Even deleting the TPs on the teach pendant you could blast through it in 5 minutes, and the restore from a controlled start is only a few minutes.

Alternatively you could FTP into the robot and remove the unneeded TPs, and upload the TPs from the MD backup that way.

Advertising from our partners