Safety configuration tab is not active

• why can't you communicate that at the begin of the thread?

is it really that hard to post all relevant info about the system? did you ever read READ FIRST?

OL and KRC are NOT the same thing. in OL there is no hardware, no safety circuit, etc.

therefore there is no safety configuration in OL, so this menu entry is ALWAYS disabled.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• that is not explicit enough and it is easy to miss. do not assume or make it hard on those trying to help you. nobody ha time to follow all little clues and decipher what you got yourself info..

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• KUKA OL and SimPro are very primitive as i can see.

OL is not a physical model simulator -- it's basically a system for running robot programs without a robot (physical or virtual). As such, there's no way for it to provide a simulation of SafeOperation properties, and it's not intended for that use either. It's purely a software debugging tool.

SimPro might simulate SafeOp models, I'm not sure, never tried it. But even then, given how no simulation is 100% accurate to the real-world robot motions, it's still required (by RIA 1506) to test Safety elements by hand, on the real hardware, with the real working payload.

• SkyeFire and panic mode are right for shure, but if one only read the advertising of Kuka:

"Each KUKA System Software release is available in full with all of the functions (a hardware periphery connection is not possible)"

One can imagine that Safe OP should be possible to simulate. And other robot offline programming tools can do safe configuration and simulation.

As always in commerce: don't trust advertisements :winking_face:

Advertising from our partners