Krc4 memory ram

• Hi guys,

I have a problem in the Startup of the krc4 kuka robot. After a hibernation reset, sometimes the robot block and doesn’t boot up.

Hiding HMI, I saw, that the memory ram in the start up is full (800-900 MB working of 1Gb).

My question is the next...could I buy a comercial Memory Ram DDR2 and plug it in the motherboard? Or, I need the original memory ram of kuka? If I can plug a comercial memory, I need yo do something especial?

thanks and regards everybody :smiling_face:

• In theory it works with any RAM module but it is not recommended to use other ones as specified by KUKA. The KUKA RAMs are chosen and validated specifically for best performance in KUKAs real-time systems which usually require higher quality standards concerning for example memory access times and repeatability. Choosing different standard memory modules of the shelf may or may not lead to unexpected behaviour. This is solely your responsibility then and KUKA offers no support to help you get it up and running.

Fubini

• You can buy any ram and try installing it. But chances are it will not work. I have somewhere screenshot of HMI message stating that KSS refussd to run because non-KUKA ram was detected. Btw, each KRC4 should already have 2Gb...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners