sharing programs between robots

• So my work has several R2000iA 164f machines with R-J3ib controller. Most of our robots have welding equipment setups. My boss was thinking it would be a good idea to setup one in its own cell for me to create programs on and test them out. Than we would transfer that program to a different machine we already have operating in a production welding cell. The thought being we would have less down time programming new parts on a production robot and there would be less pressure to hurry up and finish programing so we can get back to running production. I than can focus on trying new things, fine tuning things, etc on my own "test" robot cell.

what things should I take into account to achieve a smooth transfer of programs from one robot to another? All welding robots will have the same welding equipment on them and power source as well as the test cell robot.

what issues could I possibly run into?

I haven't really played around yet to see what stuff id run into other than thinking about different scenarios, just trying to get an idea as I'll be messing around with it in a week or two. anyone else do this and have experience to share?

Thanks

• 1. We try to standardize the Input and Output numbering. For example, the "Mold Open" signal is always on DI[5], etc.

2. I don't know how welding programming works, but for pick and place projects Tool Frames and User Frames make it easier to transfer to a different robot.

• Compare the cost of a Roboguide license compared to what it will cost to set up your cell. I think that the license will compare quite favorably.

i've been pushing this for quite awhile. they won't go for it here. it's been quite frustrating.

• Figure out what it will cost to build a duplicate cell and show management the $$$$$, it is hard to believe that they won't follow that argument. Not only that, but also in roboguide you could have each cell with its own setup, however minute the variations are from the "extra" cell to the real cell.

Advertising from our partners