KRC2 X211c/X11 Pinout

• Hello,

We have recently purchased a used Kuka KR210. I'm trying determine the pins that I we need to connect to in order to integrate an external e-stop and safety circuit.

Our robot's cabinet is labeled X211c, which from what I gather indicates that the pinout is a custom configuration. Unfortunately, the documentation that we received with the unit doesn't contain the pinout diagram for the X11 Jumper Plug.

My assumption was that the robot was a Mercedes/DAG configuration, but I've scoured the site and I can't locate a pinout that resembles what we see in our cabinet.

Below you'll find a map of our pinout configuration… I'm wondering if anyone has a similar configuration or pinout map that they can share?

I've also sent this question into Kuka, if I get any info I'll be sure to post it up

Controller Type: (V)KRC2 ed05

Robot Type: KR2210L180 2 C2 FLR ZH210 US

Trafoname: KR2210L180_2US S C2 FLR ZH210

MADA: KRC2_US\KR2210_2_SSCBS\L\L180\FLO

KR C V5.6.10

GUI Version: 2.0.6.7 B54

Kernel System Version: KS V5.6.54 RTAcc (krc1adm@deau1svclear10) 1

• Thanks robonovak... I had a difficult time deciding whether or not to add to your thread or start my own. I went with a new thread in case we both have different pinouts,

Update on my issue: Kuka sent me what they think is the wiring diagram for my cabinet and it's different from the standard config. However, the diagram does not match my cabinet; it calls for connections at 1, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 35, 40, but my cabinet doesn't have any cables to these pins on the cabinet side. I'm beginning to think that this unit was repinned by the user. I've sent this info back to Kuka to see what they can add. If they have more info or not, I'll post up the diagrams once I'm sure they are helpful.

Another issue that I'm facing is a phantom External E-Stop. There's nothing wired into the machine, but every now and then I get an External E-Stop that I can't reset with out a reboot. I originally thought that it was due to an unseated pin on the X11, but it continues to occur randomly. I'm going to recheck the pins and clean them all up - continue to monitor.

• Long story short, none of the diagrams Kuka could come up with match our cabinet and what they did send is already posted on this site in some form or another.

Does anyone know of a method of tracing the current config to figure out what each pin is assigned to?

Also, in the attached photo; is this board an additional option for network controlled safety?

• Can you get a better shot of that card? I have to say, I've never seen that before, but the label (blocked by a cable in your photo) seems to say "safety I/O." And those dials look like something for setting an address, but with only two dials, it would seem to be limited to 0-99. That doesn't match any safety bus/network device I can recall ever seeing.

Where does the yellow cable(s) go to? The shape looks like ProfiBus, but the color is non-standard (probably because it's a safety bus -- non-Safe PB is normally purple). I assume the yellow cables lead out of the cabinet.

Bottom line: that card is an add-in. It's not one I've ever seen, but it could be a KUKA factory option. OTOH, it could be some 3rd-party add-in.

I think the key is going to be the cable marked A1.1/X1. I'm betting that cable connects into the normal internal safety wiring of the KRC somewhere. If you can find that location, I'd bet that your regular KRC wiring diagrams would be correct from that point.

Does that card have any other cables connecting into the KRC internals?

• it is a SafetyBus P Gateway. two versions exists but look identical although version A has more IO. it plugs into CI board and creates (safety) fieldbus node. this should make safety circuit simpler and more flexible. it requires Pilz safety PLC as fieldbus master.

SafetyBUS P (and SafetyNET P) are safety networks by Pilz

https://www.turtle.com/ASSETS/…/PILZ_311040_Brochure.pdf

https://www.can-cia.org/filead…edings/2000_brinkmann.pdf

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Was that a KUKA factory option? If so, that might let CJ get an accurate internal wiring diagram.

Then, the bigger question would be, how feasible is it to remove that card and go back to regular X11 safeties? Or would they be better off just buying the Pilz safety PLC?

• yes it was. never saw one physically, just in documentation. this is supposed to simply interface to IO on CI board so it is conceivable that KRC could be modified to work without it.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• it requires Pilz safety PLC as fieldbus master

Thanks so much for this information... I'm now in touch with Pilz and I've also sent some more images and info to Kuka to see if they can provide more help.

It appears that we would require a pilz pss 3000 controller. As Panic Mode states, if we can get our hands on the right equipment it should simplify our safety integration.

So far it looks like lots of used components are available for the system, but I'll wait until I hear back from Pilz as they aim to make some recommendations for us.

I'll post up what ever info we receive - for now I'm down the rabbit whole learning about the Pilz system, which seems pretty cool.

• Pilz has been helpful and can sort us out with the equipment. However, they state that the PCB board from KUKA is custom made and designed to interface with PILZ a very specific way... What they are unsure of is the "Safety Node" that is loaded onto the board.

Has anyone had experience with the PCB? I think that I'm going to pull it off the machine today to see if I can find any more info on the card.

I've got another support request specific to this board into Kuka. I'll see what they come back with.

Advertising from our partners