Reverting back to X11 Interface

• Hi all,

My KRC4 controller was ordered with the X11 + X13 interface, and I recently switched it over to EtherNet/IP and CIP Safety. I now want to revert back to the X11 interface, and I'm just trying to make sure I make all the necessary steps. I think I have everything covered on the hardware side in terms of plugging things in, but I was just wondering about whether or not I had to delete the EtherNet/IP option off of the controller, and whether or not I had to delete the option from the "Bus" branch in Workvisual before I deploy the new project. Any guidance is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Owen

• Simplest approach would be to simply revert the robot to a WorkVisual Project version pre-dating the chagne from X11 to CIPSafe.

There's no need to uninstall the EIP option -- in fact, you can keep it for non-safe I/O, and just disable the Safety portion. That would require creating a new WoV project for that configuration, though.

• Great thank you, that's what I was wondering. When you say to disable the Safety portion, are you saying to just change the "Active Configuration" parameter in the "Local Safety Slave" tab to Deactivated? Will that do the trick?

• It should. I haven't had to do it in quite some time, so I'm rusty. No doubt Panic Mode or Fubini will show up before long to correct my errors. :uglyhammer2: But IIRC, doing that should make the robot look like a non-safe Ethernet/IP adapter to any Ethernet/IP scanner on the network. The non-safety EIP I/O should remain untouched. Of course, doing this would also require updating the EDS file your PLC is using to communicate with the robot.

I would strongly recommend making a new Project (or rather, a copy of the current project) and do your experiments there. That way, you always have the good project available to "roll back" to. And one nice thing about KRC4s is that you can have multiple Projects on a robot, and switch between them from the pendant, without needing to fire up WoV again.

Of course, switching between a Project with X11 safety and one using CIP-Safe will also require changing that board jumper, so don't lose it!

• Thanks for you help SkyeFire, I really appreciate it. I just have one more tangentially related question: I'm playing around in WoV with different modules and busses, and I think I've come across three different modules labelled as SION-CIB: "CIB Safety Module," "CIB Safety Modul," and "Safety Modul for Cabinet Interface Board."

Is there a difference between these modules and if so, what is it?

• you can still use EthernetIP but make sure CIP safety is not active.

remove X311 jumper and connect X311 connector that comes from X11.

connect SION-SIB boards to CCU as per original schematics.

deploy and activate project that contains SION-SIB boards and activate new safety configuration.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• And one nice thing about KRC4s is that you can have multiple Projects on a robot, and switch between them from the pendant, without needing to fire up WoV again.

How do you do this? I can't seem to find the projects I want on the pendant.

• next to smartPad start key is a WorkVisual icon (blue gear).

click on it, then click on Advanced...

top portion of that screen will show Initial, Base and Active project.

bottom half shows list of other projects. those are the ones you are interested in....

click on one and activate it....

may also need to activate safety configuration if it differs from current one.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners