Kuka with CIP Safety

• Hi all,

I'm attempting to configure my KRC4 controller with CIP Safety. It was previously using the X11 connector interface, so when I began setting up the option, I jumpered X311 and unplugged the X11 interface, as well as X258 (which I took from an old forum post by Skyfire). From the WoV side, I removed the SION-SIB-STD and SION-SIB-EXT from my project, and then deployed it onto the controller with the correct EtherNet/IP settings (setting up my KRC4 as a local slave, and activating the local safety slave as well. However, on my teach pendant, I have a red bar at the top of the screen with the works "Emergency Stop only local." The three icons next to it are all green (person wearing a seatbelt, "IP," and robot outline). I also have the error KSS00404 "Safety stop." I can't seem to figure out how to get the red bar to go away, allowing me to run my submit interpreters and turn drives on.

Furthermore, after successfully getting the controller to connect to my Allen-Bradley PLC yesterday, I can no longer connect from Studio 5000. However, I am able to successfully ping the robot; I just can't reach it within the PLC software.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Owen

• Are you sure network settings match?

Did you program safety task in your PLC and make sure all signals to KRC are True? That includes reserved ones.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks for your response; I never ended up figuring out exactly what the issue was, but I re-ran the executable within the EtherNet/IP option on the pendant, and after that I was able to connect again to the PLC.

Advertising from our partners