Anyone know how to send current Rev Counts to Placeholders(Registers)

• Hello,

I am using the new OmniCore30 an I am trying to do a self calibration check. Usually I would just do run the SafetySync program, but Omnicore does not seem to have this. So my idea is to move the robot to zero position and have the robot compare its rev counters to what is should be according to the manufacturer's master data sheet. Does anyone know how to take live current rev counter data and move this to a register? Thanks.

• I really do not know of any "rev counter data" that is accessible programmatically. Joint angles are available to read as are motor angles. Calibration offsets are as well. I do not know how you could use those to check for proper calibration. What do you mean by "manufacturers master data sheet"? What is the robot type? The only thing that I know of that sounds like you could mean is the sticker with the calibration offset values.

• If you move the robot to cal (zero) position then the rev counters will be at zero and motors at their offset point in the zero revolution. Comparing them with the fine calibration offsets stored in the parameters will give nearly identical numbers.

Like Lemster68 mentioned, store the original fine calibration numbers as data and then use a routine compare them to the current fine calibration offset parameters. This should let you know if anyone has recorded new fine calibration offsets without moving the robot.

Would be very surprised if someone on the forum hasn't done this already.

Advertising from our partners