R30iB robot fully stops after exit subroutines

• Hello all, first post here.

This issue is actually pretty strange.

Currently I manage 4 cells with R30iB controllers. Two of them have 2 groups installed, the other two have 3 groups installed.

In the main program, there are several subroutines called, either to select other programs or to perform offset calculations. Everytime it comes out of a subroutine there is a delay/fullstop before it runs the next line.

This behavior only happens in the cells with 3 groups. It doesn't matter if they are active or not.

I believe it's something related to the system variables but it's something out of my knowledge, unfortunately.

Thank you in advance!

• Please explain what you mean by "delay/fullstop".

Do you mean that robot motion stops? If so, then I think there is no way to avoid that. Continuous moves are not predicted across subroutines. And that will be true for any subroutine that uses a motion group (even if its only calculating positions and not moving to a position).

So if it is happening on only some of the cells, you may want to check the motion groups that are being used by the subroutines. Sometimes a subroutine is locking a motion group even when it doesn't use that motion group. Find the subroutine in the Select menu and press the Detail button to see the Group Mask.

• Yes, the robot motion goes to a full stop, almost as a WAIT instruction.

The group masks are properly set. I did run some tests as well and only group 1 was active. It seems the active groups don't matter to the issue.

• Are you changing Frames (User Frame or User Tool) in the different subroutines?

No. Here's an example of the subroutines.

-- example 1

L P[1] 100mm/s cnt100

CALL pr_offset_1 (-100, 0, 50, 0, 0, 0)

>pr_offset_1

>

>pr[10]=lpos

>pr[10]=pr[10]-pr[10]

>

>pr[10:gp1,1]=ar(1)

>pr[10:gp1,2]=ar(2)

>pr[10:gp1,3]=ar(3)

>pr[10:gp1,4]=ar(4)

>pr[10:gp1,5]=ar(5)

>pr[10:gp1,6]=ar(6)

L P[2] 100mm/s cnt100 offset,pr[10]

--

-- example 2

L P[1] 100mm/s cnt100

CALL conditions

>conditions

>

>do[1]=on

>

>r[10]=r[10]+1

L P[2] 100mm/s cnt100

--

In both examples, the robots with 3 groups installed will stop motion before running p[2]. The others would not actually do the CNT curvature but still a continuous movement, without motion stopping completely.

Advertising from our partners