KSS 8.3 trouble with GripperTech

• Hello there

You should not ask me directly. Any robot related questions belong in forum, for everyone to participate and benefit from answers.

If you read pinned topic READ FIRST or signature below any of my posts - you would know that. So please read that first.

personal messaging is to contact familiar people or collaborate on some project or if you are trying to do something that benefits me :winking_face:

This should be simple - when you have a problem with a product (anything), simply contact manufacturer. KUKA is no different - just contact nearest KUKA office, give them your robot and controller serial numbers, along with your email and they will send you any software that was included with the system at the time of purchase. You can see what software was included by license stickers inside the cabinet, on the right wall. There should be one for GripperTech as well including version and your license number. If option was added later on, after robot was purchased, then referring to order number to that software would help.

The next part is about providing info when asking for help - you need to help others give you help:

You stated robot arm etc. but for GripperTech arm model is completely irrelevant.

And for GripperTech (which is one thing you have a problem with), you did not provide version number.

According to my resources, KSS8.3 supports more than one GripperTech version. Since KSS is 8.3.38, if this is really GripperTech i would guess it is the later version (V3.2).

About not finding installation executable:

Maybe it simply is not there. Many KUKA options are available in different forms. At first it was only few options that were distributed in KOP form but now, practically every KUKA option is supplied like that. GripperTech 3.2 can be in KOP form as well, not sure about 3.1.

Also are you really sure that this is GripperTech? i may be worng but to me that code sample you shared does not look like GripperTech... unless someone tried to rewrite it. it also could be something custom. Btw inline forms could also be created using UserTech. For average user GripperTech is simpler to setup but i prefer UserTech since it provides way more bang for the buck.

When passing parameters to subprogram or function, IN and OUT indicte type of parameter transfer.

IN is same as ByVar in many other programming languages.

OUT is same as ByRef in many other programming languages.

So in this case parameter "iGrpNo:IN" is simply index for gripper number.

"iGrpNo" is name used inside sub or function, while IN indicates that parameter is transfered by value.

In this case ":" is just a separator. In other places it could mean other things, namely Geometric operator and part of GOTO syntax.

; MY DECLRATIONS TRIES ; STRUC GRPg_Grp_T char Out[6] GRPg_Grp_T GRPg_Grp[6]

that cannot work, IN and OUT are keywords and therefore you cannot use them to create own variables or structure elements like OUT[6].

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• If a TP is installed or not you should check the log directory!

There will be a setup log file containing all actions taken plus error messages.

For me this woiuld be the first place to look at.

Advertising from our partners