Output Signal "Prog Aborted" not working?

• Hi,

I was looking for a way to confirm to my PLC that the robot aborted all programs and I found a signal in Cell Interface that is supposed to do so: Prog Aborted.

The doc says " When the robot is aborted, this output will turn on."

But the signal won't turn on even when all programs are aborted...

Any idea why?

Thank you!

• yarock

Welcome to the robot forum

I would be great if you specify what kind of output are you using ? UO, DO , RO ? and show a picture of describe the configuration of that output Do you even know the output is mapped correctly to the plc ?

Retired but still helping

• Hello Fabian Munoz,

In the "CellIntface" page, I am looking at the 5th line (Prog Aborted). I am sending it into a DO and if I press F5-VERIFY then it says that the port assignment is valid.

I am also using the 7th line (HeartBeat) signal and this one is working fine.

I can say that the output is mapped correctly in my PLC because if I toggle it manually ON/OFF I can monitor it on the PLC. It really looks like the signal that doesn't change value, even on the TP....

• The signal may be controlled by something else of higher priority.

Though I doubt it would be wrongly indicated in this screen.

Is there any BG logic running?

On the other hand, it is indicated as Off, so why do you expect to see it active in the PLC?

• I have found very little documentation for that signal. It appears to be new for the R-30iB Plus controllers.

I wonder if it flickers on and off so fast that you cannot see it. You could test it out be setting up a BG Logic program that turns on another output if that signal is on.

: IF (DO[19]), DO[100]=ON;

• Probably a Fanuc bug, I wouldn't use it.

Instead, you can do as Sergei mentioned above. Configure cstopi to abort and abort all.

Then you just pulse that signal for 250 msec from the PLC. After that, busy should = false and command enable = true as long as there are no faults.

• I do have configured "CTOPI for ABORT" and "Abort all programs by CSTOPI" and if I send the signal from the PLC then it does abort (it is written Aborted on the TP). But my PLC sequence is waiting for a confirmation that it really did.

I will set up a BG with a logic as Sergui said but it is a bit sad that there is a pre-programed signal that is supposed to do it and doesn't.

Thank you all for your answers!

• If aborting the program via PLC, it works perfect. I am not sure what would happen via TP, because we normally never touch the TP when the robots running in auto mode. Everything is done from external.

Advertising from our partners