Fanuc circle programming

• So, I've never tried this on a Fanuc, but... if you put the origin of the UFrame at the center of the arc, with one UFrame axis aligned with the axis of the arc, could you program two points and simply apply a rotational offset to the UFrame each pass? I know how I could do it on a KUKA or ABB.

• If I understand what you're trying to do correctly, yes. It looks like you are trying to carry out a Raster Scan over a curved surface.

My normal way of carrying out such a path would be to create a UFRame (Fanuc) or WorkObject (ABB) or Base (KUKA) at the center of the arc, with one axis (say, the X axis) aligned with the axis of the arc. Then I would program the Start Point of the first pass in that frame, over at the beginning of the arc.

Then I would use a FOR loop starting at 0, ending at 180, at a period step of some degrees (depending on the radius of the arc) to apply an RX rotational offset to the frame, and run the point, with a linear offset along the X axis for each pass. Something like (pseudocode):

• So, I've never tried this on a Fanuc, but... if you put the origin of the UFrame at the center of the arc, with one UFrame axis aligned with the axis of the arc, could you program two points and simply apply a rotational offset to the UFrame each pass? I know how I could do it on a KUKA or ABB.

how would this be accomplished in an abb?

Advertising from our partners