Will Kuka OffliceLite 8.6.2 work with version project 8.5.7?

• Hi,

I have a few questions about Kuka OfficeLite. If I had OfficeLite 8.6.2 could I import project from phisical robot with KSS 8.5.7?

Can I install KOP on OfficeLite like grippertech, usertech etc?

• And what if i get KSS 8.6.7 in the future and officelite will be 8.6.2? Would it work?

You can update officelite to V8.6.7 . I made a video for how to update for officelite8.5 and I guess also work for 8.6

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• major version is indicated by first two numbers (8.2 or 8.3 or 8.5 etc.)

so 8.6.2 and 8.6.7 are both same major version (8.6) but different minor version... so upgrade/downgrade is possible.

as long as major version is still the same, moving to a different minor version is not a problem. it simply requires installing the other version.

but moving office lite to a different major version is not possible.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• If I have only one instance of OfficeLite and I want to run several robots from the line I deploy each robot project to OffliceLite and switching active project on HMI I just switch the robot? Or there is another way to simulate a few robots in one OfficeLite?

• office lite is a "virtual robot control" for only one robot. with one KR C4 -> you also can only control one robot at a time!

If you want to control more robots you need more KR C4 - same thing with office lite

• one instance of OfficeLite can load and run one WoV project. it is no different than using one KRC4 controller.

if you cant to run it with different robot, create another WoV project and deploy it.

if you want to run more than one OfficeLite instance at the same time, it is no different that using two or more KRC4 controllers.

but since OfficeLite is a piece of software contained in a VM, simply clone VM, and run both (or more) your computer has enough of resources.

each OL or VM can have one WoV project. so start them up, deploy correct WoV project to each one and have fun.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• What do you mean by clone?

The license key is fixed to the OL and not the host machine.

You can use the same OL with different configurations (e.g. given by WoV), but not at the same time.

If you want more information, send me a PM

• I went by comment inside LIC file that migration would require providing simulation department with existing license and mac address from new host. Also, I don't see how the license could be tied to VM. If that was the case, one could easily move VM from one host to another. now that would certainly not sit well with FlexLM

3) read 1 and 2

• Kuka is kinda piece of ****. Why do I need 3 different software to run one robot? And 2 of them are paid. ABB and Fanuc have only one environment for full control and it works great. Kuka makes simple things complicated.

• Watch your language! You have a single software to commission all releases of V8. If you do not agree with KUKA business model it is always up to you to no longer use KUKA. This gives you no right to insult KUKA and it's employees.

Fubini

Advertising from our partners