KRC4 EtherCAT Bus with two or more devices

• Greetings

I am currently designing a fieldbus architecture and would like to know if I have no inconvenience in using two or more remote I/O modules under the EtherCAT bus using a small industrial switch for it. I have worked in the past with only one Weidmüeller module. Currently I have one Weidmüeller remote I/O module and another one from a welding system manufacturer that also has its configuration file. I intend to use the EtherCAT bus of the KRC4 and connect it to a switch where the two mentioned devices are located. Is there any restriction for this?

Thanks in advance

• don't use ethernet switch. that will save few $$.

connect nodes according to manufacturer recommendations.

in case of EtherCat, this means daisy chaining nodes. the physical connections must match topology in WoV

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• don't use ethernet switch. that will save few $$.

connect nodes according to manufacturer recommendations.

in case of EtherCat, this means daisy chaining nodes. the physical connections must match topology in WoV

Thanks Panic Mode

As always, very grateful for your advice. You have saved many of us in this forum from a bad day. :winking_face_with_tongue:

Advertising from our partners