Connecting Fanuc robot to PLC via digital input/output

• Good day.

I'm kind of a new to programming Fanuc robots and PLCs and I have little problem regarding connection of Fanuc robot to PLC via digital input/output.

We want to do some test on Fanuc ER-4iA and r-30iB Mate plus controller and Turck I/O module. At first I was hoping to get my hands on Profinet card for Fanuc but unfortunately I can't get it in reasonable time so we need to procced on this project without Profinet communication from robot to Siemens PLC.

We made I/O and SOP box for fanuc robot via CRMA15/16 so i was hoping to get few signals back and forth from robot to Turck I/O (8 digital i/o channels) module.

The list of I/O signals, as viewed form PLC first 4 are intended as inputs and last three as outputs :

• AUTO/MANUAL
    • FAULT
    • ON /OFF
    • BUSY(in production)
    • BIT 1 FOR PROGRAM SELECTION
    • BIT 2 FOR PROGRAM SELECTION
    • BIT 3 FOR PROGRAM SELECTION

First question is how should i wire digital inputs/outputs from Turck to robot? Should i connect digital outputs on Turck (BIT1,2,3 PROG selection) to digital inputs on robot and vice versa? Also i am not sure how to connect for example cable for BIT 1 (Turck output) on robot DI. I have 3 wires for that output so should i connect signal wire on DI120, GND wire on 0V (pin18) and 24V wire on DOSRC (pin29)?

Secondly i want to use the combination of BIT1,2,3 to select 7 possible programs on robot, i know i should use Style for such kind of operation, but i dont know how to manage this without inputing START or PROD_START signal. Is there some workaround to use Program start :$SHELL_WRK.$CUST_START instead and would you be so kind to explain?

Thank you for reading this and i am sorry for my bad english.

• declare in $SHELL_WRK.$CUST_START the program you want to run each time you turn ON the controller.

In this program you can SELECT which program to call depending on your input BIT

Advertising from our partners