Fanuc Vision Tracking Model ID

• Hello,

I have a problem with a vision project.

I have a conveyor with same boxes on it and ONE CAMERA that photoshoots the boxes. I pick the boxes with 2 robots, one by one.

After that i place them on a tray.

The problem is that i want the ROBOT 1 place its boxes on the first half of the tray and the ROBOT 2 place its boxes on the second half of the tray.

I found that i can write wich model id every cell of the tray will handle,so i will write model id 1 to the half cells and model id 2 to the other hald cells. but i dont know how to change the model id of the boxes that are picked from each robot.

In the manual i found that you can use vision conditions that can change the model id depending on their positions on the conveyor or depending on their characteristics but i have same boxes and same distance.

I am looking for a command that can write the model id 1 when robot 1 picks a box and model id 2 when robot 2 picks a box.

Thanks

• Hi

I don't think you can change/modify the ModelID. The modelid , like you mentioned, it could only be obtained when you have more than one picture of the box and it is assigned automatically. Also , I bet if you change it somehow, Fanuc will overwrite it.

I never than trays, but maybe your solution is to create 2 trays logically (same tray physically) and assign a tray per robot

How many parts do you have per tray ? Depending on that number I would just define no tray on my set up and then place the parts on my own. Basically create another PK_DROP

Retired but still helping

• Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I have 48 places on the tray that is not as fixed station but on a moving conveyor.

Also i have to create 36 recipes.

• Sorry, I'm missing something

Are you loading a tray that is on a moving conveyor ?

How are the robots placing ? randomly or in sequential order ?

Meaning

r1 places location 1

r2 places location 2

r1 places location 3

r2 places location 4

I trying to think how can you cheat the variables ? I've done things like that. Basically you follow the irpicktool logic and then you add whatever you want. Like offsetting PR[63 ] for placing

Retired but still helping

• i want the boxes that are picked from robot 1 to be placed on the tray , in a cell that is in the half tray near robot 1. The same thing with robot 2.

I want to use the tray that irpicktool gives me and not playing with offsets

Edited 2 times, last by GiannisGk ().

• I have 1 physical encoder but i want to make 2 trays to solve the problem below. For this purpose i have to create 2 conveyors. When i start to set the second conveyor in irpicktool i get error:

LNTK-022 No tracking hardware

Cause: No tracking sensor hardware interface or improperly initialized system variables.

Remedy: Check tracking hardware setup and the values of $SCR.$ENC_TYPE and $SCR.$ENC_AXIS.

Can i use the same encoder for 2 conveyors in irpicktool?

Advertising from our partners