Robot detecting range limit while still over a meter from the fence

• As I ramp up the speed, over about 80 percent the robot detects that its going to hit the fence and gives a robot range limit error.

Is there any way to make detecting the fence a little less sensitive?

YRC1000 controller with a SP165-105 robot.

Thanks for the assistance.

• The tool interference file and the robot range are fairly accurate. If I drive it in teach it will stop just before the fence so it appears to be correct. That's why I am a bit confused on why is it detecting the robot range while being so far away.

• I fought this a lot while i was starting out, what i have found is that different mov types will stop differently than others.

MOVJ will stop much farther out than a MOVL,

Also set your range limit to be true to the fence, since as you see now, the robot reaction will add a safety factor.

• The tool interference file and the robot range are fairly accurate. If I drive it in teach it will stop just before the fence so it appears to be correct. That's why I am a bit confused on why is it detecting the robot range while being so far away.

The controller is looking at the path, speed, and the robot’s stopping distance as factors as when to stop. You are using a fairly large arm.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners