Denso RC5 mouse input

• Hi, I have an old rc5 controller but with only the mini pendant not the full size pendant. If I plug in a monitor to the vga port I can see the same screen as on a full size teach pendant. And when I plug in an ps2 keyboard I can navigate most of the controller using a function key, f1, f2 etc. However I cant click on buttons that aren't mapped to a function key.

I've tried connecting a ps2 mouse to the controller but it does nothing. There is no cursor although the mouse does power up.

Is there a way to get a mouse to work? Or another way to access all the buttons? I thought about a touch screen but not sure if this would work or how to connect it.

Thanks

• [...] I thought about a touch screen but not sure if this would work or how to connect it. [...]

I would be surprised if you can get this to work.

I'm not sure if it's possible to connect a mouse input to the controller, and use it as a pointing device.

Have you considered connecting the controller to WINCAPS, and doing your business through the software? Or is there a specific reason you want a clone of the teach pendant? You can do everything, and more, through WINCAPS.

• I was just trying to use the TP screen as a simple HMI and not have a PC connected. But yes you're right everything can be done in wincaps.

Advertising from our partners