Transmission of system variables...STEU\Mada\$machine.dat

• Hello.

Robotic programming.

I am learning about system variables.

For example, I want to pass some robot system variables to a other controller via Profinet.

I have to modify the file KRC:\STEU\Mada\$machine.dat (SIGNAL $IN_HOME1 $OUT[1]

In the mapping pass, connect $OUT[1] to the desired Output.

Do I understand correctly?

Or can I create my own file, which will then overwrite this value?

Thanks.

• yes you are thinking correctly. map I/O in WoV, then assign system signals to I/Os of your choice.

many signals can be assigned through HMI by editing AutoExternal interface. some can be only modified by editing file. but careful with manually editing MADA...

you can create own DAT file and declare signals there. this is practical for deploying (keep things in one place rather than edit bunch of files)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• you can create own DAT file and declare signals there. this is practical for deploying (keep things in one place rather than edit bunch of files)

Thank you.

And the name (mashine.dat) of the file and the directory where the file will be located?

Can you give me a hint, please?

• there are two MADA sets. "MADA" is short for "Machine Data"

manipulator MADA is set of files in KRC:\R1\MADA

controller MADA is set of files in KRC:\STEU\MADA

long time ago it was assumed that one controller would control several manipulators but that prediction was wrong so you will not see folders for R2, R3 etc.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners