The process of configuring a project for KRC5 micro. Is there something wrong?

• Hello everyone.

This is my first time working with a KUKA controller and there are errors.

I need to control a robot via Profinet (option -S/ Profinet).

I will give the sequence of creating a project in the WorkVisual, and if I am wrong somewhere, please let me know.

Sequence:

1) I create a project with an existing controller (KRC5 -micro)

2) I make the controller active

3) Add a robot

4) Activate the Profinet option

5) I compile the project for the appearance of the bus structure

6) I add the Profinet network to the bus structure

7) I set up a Profinet

8 Importing machine data for Safety

After that I download the project into the controller and cannot read the serial number.

Is there something wrong, I don't understand?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Can anyone have any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

• unfortunately it is not enough to pick an empty template, there is still number of things that need to be done manually (merge or add by hand). creating project from scratch requires insider knowledge of the system.

therefore the best you can do is to stay as far away as possible from creating new projects from scratch. just get the known good project from the robot you want to work with (or at least base project), modify that project, save it with new project name and then deploy it to controller.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• So the correct sequence is:

1. Open the active project (or another one) on the existing controller

2. make the project active

3. make your changes

4. compile and download the changed project to the controller

• you skipped one important step

3.5 change modified project name

failure to do so will result in overwriting original project on the KRC (possibly the only good one). this is not a problem if your changes, compiling, transfer and activation are all without any flaws. but chances are that something may go wrong and you will need to redo your work or start from scratch. and you do not want to be left with no good starting project....

there is nothing wrong with having 5 or more projects on the KRC. you can delete the clutter later on, after confirming that your project works as expected.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello everybody.

The base project was rewritten by a new project earlier (erroneously, we do not have a basic project now).
    Steps:

1) Reboot the Initial project.

2) Uploaded the Initial project from the robot.

3) Made changes in WorkVisual (added a profilenet)

4) Download the project into the robot.

5) Confirmed by Safety in the robot.

6) $ROBTRAFO[] = $TRAFONAME[]

The robot is working from the smartPAD.

Maybe something else is needed, I don't know.

We still need to transfer data through Profinet to automatically start the necessary programs.

Which variables are desirable, obligatory to use.

I want to get robot errors in the Siemens PLC-controller.

How can I see the robot errors in the controller through Profinet?

We still need to transfer data through Profinet to automatically start the necessary programs.

check documentation on configuring AutoExternal interface

Which variables are desirable, obligatory to use.

check documentation on configuring AutoExternal interface. you need to narrow down what type of interface you want to use.

I want to get robot errors in the Siemens PLC-controller.

you can transfer entire message buffer. it holds up tp 100 message. check GET_MSGBUFFER

if there is a specific message you are interested in, you can use function ISMESSAGESET

3) read 1 and 2

• check documentation on configuring AutoExternal interface

check documentation on configuring AutoExternal interface. you need to narrow down what type of interface you want to use.

you can transfer entire message buffer. it holds up tp 100 message. check GET_MSGBUFFER

if there is a specific message you are interested in, you can use function ISMESSAGESET

Thank you for your answers.

1) What is the exact name of the documentation?

2) And about the buffer too, where can I find it?

• The base project was rewritten by a new project earlier (erroneously, we do not have a basic project now).

Did you make a backup (Archive) of the robot before starting to make changes? If so, then the Archive will contain copies of all the Projects that were on the robot at the time the Archive was made.

• Did you make a backup (Archive) of the robot before starting to make changes? If so, then the Archive will contain copies of all the Projects that were on the robot at the time the Archive was made.

No.

I don't have an archive copy.

In a hurry, I got nervous and rewrote the basic project.

Alas, I did.

• rule #1 : never touch anything unless you are sure you can restore previous state exactly as it was.

hence - make backups (more than one, preferably diverse ones too: hdd image, krcdiag, archive)

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners