KR C4 - Mastering timeout "shelf time"

• Hi

I've got two KR C 4 - KR 300 (KSS 8.6) with SafeOperation, that has to do a Mastering- and Brake-test once in a while. The Brake-test is set to 46h(Default) between test's, but I can't find an option or a page in the documentation that says how long there is between Mastering-tests!
    Something tells me that it's done about every 200h, but I can't seem to find the documentation for it.

One of the KR C4's has just asked for a Matering test due to time overdue. (Can't remember how long since activation)

Could some of you point me to a document that states the default hours between test?

//Hammer

• as suggested in pinned topic READ FIRST, there are few key manuals.

and the first one is "programming manual for system integrators".

it tells exactly what you are asking...

you can use function GET_BRAKETEST_TIME()

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi #2

Thanks for your response, but I'm not interested in the BRAKE_TEST time interval. I know where to alter this in the menu.

I'm looking for the interval between MASTERING with the tuning fork attached to the tool, which has to move down to the REFERENCE SWITCH as stated in KUKA.SafeOperation 3.5 - Point 7.7.1.

I've found this text passage in the manual that states:

Request

The following events cause a mastering test to be requested:

• Robot controller is rebooted (internal request)

• Robot is remastered (internal request)

• I/O driver is reconfigured (internal request)

• Only relevant for mastering test via reference switch: Input $MASTERINGTEST_REQ_EXT is set externally, e.g. by a PLC (external request)

So I guess there is no such thing as a specific time interval between $MASTERINGTEST_REQ_INT being SET HIGH

• In my experience, Mastering Reference is only required when the robot is rebooted, or if a configuration change has been made (to SafeOperation, or loading a new WorkVisual project), or an error like a loss of communication with a servo.

MasRef, unlike Brake Test, does not have a "shelf life." It's event-driven, not time-driven. If a controller is left powered up, with no errors or config changes, MasRef test should last indefinitely.

BrakeTest has a "shelf life" b/c the brakes can, and will, experience wear on a regular basis, whenever the robot is rapidly stopped for any reason (E-Stop being the most common). So testing the brakes is done ever X hrs.

Since MasRef doesn't "wear out" over time, but instead can only be invalidated by specific events, it does not expire.

• MHammer

Changed the title of the thread from “KR C4 - Mastering timeout” to “KR C4 - Mastering timeout "shelf time"”.

Advertising from our partners