Fanuc Robot programming

• hello guys, so I have a fanuc Robot R-2000iB and I'm trying to make molds and milling parts as a CNC do. The thing is I don't know which software enables you to do that ?

_Is there a way of converting GCode GCode program into .TP ?

_does roboguide enable you to do that?

Thank you in advance.

• Thank you. Learning and working with too softwares would make it a little bit harder to master,do you think I should let go of roboguide and focus on Robodk ?

• If RoboGuide does it, it will probably only do so with a special add-on, which will have to be purchased from Fanuc.

Robot "CNC" work is inherently 6-axis, which is extremely complex, and as such the software that supports it is both complex and expensive. RoboDK is probably the cheapest. RobotMaster and, I think MasterCAM, will do it, but require specific ($$$) post-processors for the robot that the converted G-Code is to be exported to.

For a simple 2D or 2.5D G-Code program, it might be possible to write a script (in Python, for example) that would convert the various G0/G1 commands into TP-language points, but setting the Config variables would still need to be done on a case-by-case basis.

• There ist a FANUC option called "NC Program Conversion" (R775) which allows you to load G-code programs into the controller and convert it into TP programs.

Check the optional functions manual for the R-30iB controller for more information. Maybe this is something you are looking for.

• There ist a FANUC option called "NC Program Conversion" (R775) which allows you to load G-code programs into the controller and convert it into TP programs.

Check the optional functions manual for the R-30iB controller for more information. Maybe this is something you are looking for.

Is that the QSSR feature? I literally just got a brochure about that from Fanuc this morning.

• QSSR is a feature that enables FANUC CNCs to directly program robots through G-code. It ist not the same as NC Program Conversion.

Do you have the manual I have mentioned above? If not and in case you are intersted, let me know.

• actually I'm trying to make both 3 axis and 5 axis CNC. What do you mean by a tool of conversion ? Do you get to convert G code into TP and LS format ? And thank you for your time sir I appreciate it 🙏

actually if this option works for me I would save me a lot of problems. I'm a solidworks CAM user so and I didn't know how to convert NC files into TP. Thank you sir I really appreciate it.

I'm sorry sir but I couldn't find anything about NC program conversion on the manual ?

Advertising from our partners