Roboguide Cad to path

• Hello all,

I am attempting to use roboguide to draw paths on a part. The part has several segments and roboguide creates a individual TP program for each segment. My question is how do I combine all the individual TP programs into one program that I can transfer to the robot?

Obviously I'm a beginner, any help is greatly appreciated.

Dan

• I would make one "main" program that calls your individual programs, handles air moves between segments, and takes care of all of your logic. That way when you have to touch up or adjust one segment, you aren't messing with everything else at the same time.

• I recommend finding a class and taking it, reading the manuals, or at a minimum familiarizing yourself with the training materials in this thread: A Free Open-Source E-Book for HandlingTool TeachPendant Programming

That said, to create a program in RG, bring up the virtual pendant by hitting the show/hide pendant button on the toolbar. On the pendant, hit "select," then the softkey "CREATE." Name your program and hit the "EDIT" softkey. To call sub-programs, hit "next," then the "[INST]" softkey, "CALL," "CALL PROGRAM." Choose the sub you want to call.

• As TitusLepic explained all, I just want to say it's too complex for you for the moment if you are beginner to robots. You won't know how to make things you want to do unless you first learn RG well. There are necessary math calculations on registers that you will have to learn to use.

• Just to throw this out there too (TitusLepic's answer is best)...If you create a Feature Group, click on the next tab in the properties, then add all your features/segments from one list to the other (this can make sense if you were to see the Feature Group setup box), you can then create one Feature that has all of your features/segments included all in one. It's not ideal in some situations, but that would be how you could take all of your individual features/segments and put them in one feature.

• As TitusLepic explained all, I just want to say it's too complex for you for the moment if you are beginner to robots. You won't know how to make things you want to do unless you first learn RG well. There are necessary math calculations on registers that you will have to learn to use.

I don't disagree with your statement, just curious which math calculations you're referring to?

• Thanks Tomfoolious, excellent idea. I didn't even realize that option was there. I have the robot doing what I want it to do but I like this idea as well. I'll play with it and see what works better in this situation.

IRockWell, I was wondering what math calculation he was referring to as well??

Advertising from our partners