Kuka program language

• Normally you to attend a basic and advanced training course in order to understand KRL.

=> suggestion: get these courses

As a start you could got thru the manual section in the kuka forum to find more information about programming.

• Thank you guys.

I would like to attended the basic and advanced course but I highly doubt my work place will pay for it I have experience programming CNC and different brands for robots but this this totally different language.

• Then lookup bas.src. Bas.src takes the data from your screenshot and uses it in raw krl calls. The content of the dat files is only the data (positions, blending on/off, programmed velocity, ...) stored by a inline form and is not the krl language. The programm structure using this data is part of the src files. In simple user mode also called inline forms it's only a list of user interface created commands generated by interacting with the kuka smart hmi menues.

In more complex expert mode you can also write raw krl programs that allow usage of standard programming language commands like if/else for loops , .... A expert code example is the before mentioned bas.src KUKA uses to parse its inline form data. If you expand the fold of a inline form in your src program you can see the bas call.

Also keep in mind that technology packages often bring their own inline forms and parsing functions next to the standard set in bas.src.

Fubini

• Good Morning,

I don't quite understand what you mean :fearful_face: Bas.src is a software I download and just upload the KRL program and it will put the program in my simple context? or this is software is actually on the teach panel?

I can find anything to download on the internet BAS.SRC wise!

Does anyone have a example of how it coverts the programming text? Before and after?

Thanks in advance :thumbs_up:

Richard

• jogging means manually moving robot.

using program means program moves robot axes.

one can run part of the program, pause, then jog. this will move robot off the programmed path. next time you press start, robot will perform BCO by returning to point where it left the path, then it can continue running program...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Switch to test mode t1, select desired program and run it by pressing dead man switch and start button. Stop wherever you want to change something, jog to the new desired position, open inline form and press "touch up". Beware correct tool and base are set when you press touch up.

Fubini

• you may want to also do a backup (archive for example) before making changes.

also archive is a good place to examine while learning or troubleshooting...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Good afternoon,

So it was a success in regards to dry running the program and using the 6D mouse, I have had two problems tho, I almost got blinded with with welding arc haha how do i dry run the program deactivating the welding? And my second issue is I can see the coordinates of what I want to touch up?

Is there a way you can teach in a more detailed program lines?

• Good afternoon,

So it was a success in regards to dry running the program and using the 6D mouse, I have had two problems tho, I almost got blinded with with welding arc haha how do i dry run the program deactivating the welding? And my second issue is I can see the coordinates of what I want to touch up?

Is there a way you can teach in a more detailed program lines?

Lots of ways to make a "dry run". You could create a BOOL variable DryRun, and at every line where your program is going to turn the torch on, do something like:

TorchOnOutput = TorchCommand AND NOT DryRun

If DryRun is True, then it'll block TorchCommand from getting to the output.

The coordinates are visible in the .DAT file where the point is recorded. Can also be accessed via the VarCor (Display->Variable->Single, but you have to type out the whole name of the point). If the robot is physically at the point, you can see the coordinates by Display->Position.

Define "more detailed program lines."

• Thanks for your reply Skyefire I got around it by turning off the welder, I don't quite understand what you mean could you send a picture or a step by step instruction, We have the new Kuka HMI (Teach Pendant)

VarCor also what is this?

Thanks for all your help guys

• I would do a three step learning:

Step 1:

Try to do it yourself

(sketches are very useful)

Step 2:

let for example roboDK do the programming

Step 3:

compare your result with the generated result

(and ask if there are any questions)

Advertising from our partners