Allen Bradley 1734-AENT

• Hi everyone!

I am having a hard time setting up the network of a robot with RW 6.12.0.0 and a simple Allen Bradley 1734-AENT remote I/O. Does anyone have a backup of EIO.CFG to send me as an example?

I appreciate the views and the response if any.

• well, AB point I/O coupler is not exactly the easiest thing to setup. no idea how the setup on ABB side looks like but before you even get there you need to:

1. configure AENT network settings. manual will explain what the dial switches are for. the factory default setting is to use 192.168.1.X subnet, in which case dial switches are used to specify the last octet. so if you set the switches to 123, IP address will be 192.168.1.123. for other settings you really need to check manual. if this does not work you need to do a factory reset (set switches to 888, power up for 15 seconds, then power down, set 999, power up again and defaults are set). to assign IP that is in range different from default use AB utility BOOTP and follow manual. BOOTP should be free download.

2. connect your computer and AENT then access AENT configuration page using web browser. factory default credentials are user name admin and password password. Click on Configuration>Network to verify network settings (or adjust subnet mask if needed).

3. Click on Configuration>Identity to set chassis size. This value is number of all attached modules +1 (for AENT itself). Most other brands do this automatically but AENT is not as smart...

4. reboot module and verify everything.

if everything is ok so far, you can go to AB website and download EDS file for AENT with your chassis size. This would need to be integrated into your robot hardware catalog. after this you can use it more or less like any other modular I/O device. This means you would need to populate each of the chassis slots with correct modules in same order they are assembled.

Note there may be some limitations on type of connections. Specifically for output I/O modules, you may have to remove "Rack Optimization" and add "Direct Exclusive Owner".

Good luck...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi Mr Panic and anyone with the same problem:

Finally the board is working. I will post the solution here to help others who have the same problem. I appreciate the help of Mr Panic above who helped a lot.

I will give the two solutions that solved the problem and made communication work.

I have them here. 3 input bytes and 2 output bytes.

In the final configuration on the robot it looked like:

5 input bytes ( total input boards + total output)

2 output bytes.

ETHERNETIP_DEVICE: -Name "Point_IO" -VendorName "Rockwell Automation/Allen-Bradley"\ -ProductName "1734-AENT/C Ethernet Adapter"\ -Label "1734-AENT/C Ethernet Adapter - Assembly Exclusive Owner"\ -Address "192.168.125.10" -VendorId 1 -ProductCode 108 -DeviceType 12\ -OutputAssembly 100 -InputAssembly 103 -ConfigurationAssembly 102\ -ConnectionPriority "SCHEDULE" -OutputSize 2 -InputSize 5\ -ConfigurationSize 10\ -ConfigurationData00 "01 00 00 00 06 00 00 01 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00"

And finally the number 06 in Configuration data above represents the total number of boards including the control head.

01 CPU +3 inputs +2 outputs

• Hi All,

I have same the problem. I read all forum topics but there is no reason.

I have done several thing but I didn't managed to run this IO module. We ABB IRC5 Controller

There is just one 1734 AENTR Module and 1 Digital Input module.

EIO configuration ise below.

"

INDUSTRIAL_NETWORK:

-Name "EtherNetIP" -Connection "EthernetIP_Lan3"\

-Label "EtherNet/IP Adapter Network"

#

ETHERNETIP_DEVICE:

-Name "RobotIO1" -VendorName "Rockwell Automation/Allen-Bradley"\

-ProductName "1734-AENTR/C EtherNet Adapter"\

-Label "1734-AENTR/C EtherNet Adapter - Assembly Exclusive Owner"\

-Address "192.168.1.9" -VendorId 1 -ProductCode 196 -DeviceType 12\

-OutputAssembly 100 -InputAssembly 101 -ConfigurationAssembly 102\

-ConnectionPriority "SCHEDULE" -OutputSize 100 -InputSize 108\

-ConfigurationSize 10\

-ConfigurationData00 "01 00 00 00 01 00 00 01 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00"

#

ETHERNETIP_DEVICE_TEMPLATE:

-Name "1734_AENTR_C_EtherNet_Adapter_1121966110"\

-VendorName "Rockwell Automation/Allen-Bradley"\

-Label "1734-AENTR/C EtherNet Adapter - Assembly Listen-Only" -VendorId 1\

-ProductCode 196 -DeviceType 12 -OutputAssembly 191 -InputAssembly 101\

-ConfigurationAssembly 102 -Ownership "LISTENONLY"\

-ConnectionPriority "SCHEDULE" -OutputSize 0 -ConfigurationSize 10\

-Name "1734_AENTR_C_EtherNet_Adapter_1121966111"\

-VendorName "Rockwell Automation/Allen-Bradley"\

-Label "1734-AENTR/C EtherNet Adapter - Assembly Exclusive Owner"\

-VendorId 1 -ProductCode 196 -DeviceType 12 -OutputAssembly 100\

-InputAssembly 101 -ConfigurationAssembly 102\

-ConnectionPriority "SCHEDULE" -OutputSize 0 -ConfigurationSize 10\

"

As you can see I loaded to robot 1734 AENTR's EDS file. This file is get from the 1734 inner storage. Thats why I am sure EDS file is True.

What should I do?

Thanks.

• Does not look right. Why not follow instructions and set chassis size then get correct EDS for your chassis size?

Also the size of instances are wrong.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I found the solution. I will write when i am available. Re edit this Post.

Can you help a brother out? I am having the same issues as described above and can not get it fixed. I even forward this and a similar post on ABB website to ABB and had them walk me through the steps and they couldn't even get it fixed

Advertising from our partners