IF Statement Syntax

• Hello,

I am using an E controller and trying to call subroutines from my master program using conditional if statements and individual inputs from a Mitsubishi PLC. However I haven't been able to sort out the correct syntax to get it working correctly.

This is what I have so far:

HOME

CALL reset_io

;

IF 13 THEN; TIP EXCHANGE

CALL tip_exchange

GOTO 999

END

;

IF 17 THEN; TIP DRESS

CALL tip_dress

GOTO 999

END

;

IF 33 THEN; Call RH Part

CALL rh_part

GOTO 999

END

;

IF 34 THEN; Call LH Part

CALL lh_part

GOTO 999

END

;

HOME

CALL reset_io

GOTO 1

The controller accepts a number of different configurations including

IF 33==ON THEN; Call RH Part

CALL rh_part

GOTO 999

END

However the robot will not enter the above routine when input 33 is in fact turned on.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, its my first time working with a Kawasaki robot.

Cheers,

• I would study the IF statement in the AS Manual, and also the correct input and output numerical references the Kawasaki uses this will highlight your syntax issues.

The key here is you are not telling the controller to evaluate the state of a SIGNAL or using the correct numerical references to distinguish between inputs and outputs.

There are many variations to argument evaluations when it comes to SIGNALS, so you can pick your preferred flavours.

Output 1 for example:

IF SIG(1) THEN

END

IF SIG(-1) THEN

END

IF NOT SIG(1) THEN

END

IF (SIG(1)==TRUE) THEN

END

IF (SIG(1)==FALSE) THEN

END

Input 1 for example:

IF SIG(1001) THEN

END

IF SIG(-1001) THEN

END

IF NOT SIG(1001) THEN

END

IF (SIG(1001)==TRUE) THEN

END

IF (SIG(1001)==FALSE) THEN

END

As for myself when scanning my code I prefer the following flavours as they are easier to distinguish:

IF (SIG(1)==TRUE) THEN

END

IF (SIG(1001)==FALSE) THEN

END

• Thank you for your input Kwakisaki, I believe I have found the error in my syntax.

Where do I set the master job? or in other words, id like to set my main job to start every time the robot is started.

Edit- I found an existing post of starting a master job using pg0, RPS ON and pulsing the program reset input. I will be trying it out sometime today.

Edited once, last by Shearzy ().

Advertising from our partners