Learning to use KRL & RobotStudio

• Hi everyone,

I've just joined this forum a couple of minutes ago and had a question although I'm not sure if this would be the right place for it.

So, I'm new to robotics and I'll be learning about robotics next semester and will have the opportunity to have some hands-on time with the KUKA ready2_educate robot. I've downloaded robot studio a few days ago as it was the only free software that most recommended to use whereas KUKA from my research doesn't offer any sort free software. I was wondering would transitioning between ABB and KUKA be easy or hard? I'm worried that I'll get used to RobotStudio and when it comes to using KUKA Sim I will struggle to learn it.

Thanks.

• they are completely different platforms. KUKA offers free WorkVisual. IT was primarily meant as a configuration tool but programming capabilities have been improving over time. Orange Edit is a 3rd party editor that is particularly good in handling offline programming using inline forms.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• they are completely different platforms. KUKA offers free WorkVisual. IT was primarily meant as a configuration tool but programming capabilities have been improving over time. Orange Edit is a 3rd party editor that is particularly good in handling offline programming using inline forms.

I've downloaded work visual and orange edit; however, I'm not sure what to with those or how to use it. I've looked online for tutorials but couldn't find much. Does KUKA offer a virtual pendant similar to how robot studio has one?

Advertising from our partners