1990 Motoman YRFL-NNA06WB pinouts, feedback, and params

• Hi all,

Recently got this 1990 Motoman YRFL-NNA06WB without controller or amps. A couple years ago I picked up a Unimate PUMA and had no trouble finding pinouts and DH parameters to connect it to modern servo drives and CNC controller, so I figured it would be similar here, but so far finding data has thwarted me.

Specifically, I'm trying to find:

- Pinouts for the 4 barrel connectors (and what are the pneumatic connections for?)

- Info on the servos, particularly encoders (no halls or resolvers, right? absolute encoders that blast out their posn at poweron via rs485, or need to be asked?)

- Kinematic parameters (DH matrix would be amazing) and gear/encoder ratios

The one servo with an external label on it is a USAPEM-07YR13.

I have read that some of the Yaskawa servo absolute encoders use a proprietary protocol to get initial reference - I can get by with rehoming each one at power up if I'm not able to get the "absoluteness" happening, especially if there is an index output on the encoders (or halls/resolvers).

I have lots more pictures I can add, but it appears I can only upload one per post - let me know if a pic of a specific feature would be of value.

Grateful for any help you can give!

• The last reply I made with a link to pics appears to have gotten disabled due to the link - perhaps this one will work?

imgur dot com/a/EmVoRNQ

• The picture of the robot are is of a K6SB ERC robot.

You will have to replace the encoders on the motors. The ERC robots not only use a proprietary communication, but a proprietary communication initialization to wake the encoder up and start talking. Without this the encoder stays off.

Don't be surprised if some of the axis move when you turn the servo power off. This robot only had brakes on the L and U axis, so it's not very safe.

Robodoc

• The DH parameters would be stored in software parameters, along with gear/encoder ratios, inside the controller.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• DH params???

DH params are a way to describe the geometry of a kinematics chain to a control system - it's the defacto standard in all the inverse kinematics setups I've used.

EDIT: it won't let me give you the link, but look at Denavit-Hartenberg on wikipedia.

• The DH parameters would be stored in software parameters, along with gear/encoder ratios, inside the controller.

95devils do you know how to find them in the controller by chance? I found a guy across the country from me that has the same arm, with a working controller and all - he said he's happy to pull out whatever info I need, but neither of us can figure out how to get the controller to show us the secrets :smiling_face:

Advertising from our partners