Folders on XRC Memory card

• Hello All,

I have a Motoman with XRC Controller. We have been running it on just one part for several years.

Now managment wants to sometimes run a different part in the same cell.

What is the best way to organize the two different jobs?

Can the PCMCIA memory card have folders?

How can jobs be organized in the controllers memory so operator can select between the two part numbers?

The current job consists of 55 different .JBI files to run the part.

The new part will likely have just as many. Having them all dumped together in memory or on card will get real messy and confusing for future editing.

• What is the best way to organize the two different jobs?

By the name of the part.

Can the PCMCIA memory card have folders?

Yes. But if memory serves me, you can not select a folder to save/load to/from on that old of a controller. This is used for backing up the controller.

How can jobs be organized in the controllers memory so operator can select between the two part numbers?

Have some device tell you which job to run. Alternatively, you could have a master for each part and the operator could select that master job.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• So then, someone is going to write the jobs. Save them to the flash card, delete them out of the controller, then have the operator load them from the flash card into the controller?

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners