PLC to send the Robot its offsets.

• Hello all, I appreciate this website.

I'm sure i won't explain this very well, but we are doing a test cell. And I need the PLC to tell the robot where to go from a predetermined PR(2) Pounce position. The only Offsets it will need are X, Z, and Pitch (rotation around Y).

What needs to happen from the robot program or background logic. Etc. I really need to hit a homerun here. :fearful_face:

• First you have to choose the communication protocol you are going to use between the PLC and the Robot. For example you could use EthernetIP or Devicenet, or if you really wanted to hardwire a 16 point GI.

Once you choose your communication method then we can help guide you how to do it.

For example if you have an Allen Bradley PLC then you would probably go with EthernetIP. In that case you have to purchase the Ethernet IP adapter option for the robot if you don't already have it.

• First you have to choose the communication protocol you are going to use between the PLC and the Robot. For example you could use EthernetIP or Devicenet, or if you really wanted to hardwire a 16 point GI.

Once you choose your communication method then we can help guide you how to do it.

For example if you have an Allen Bradley PLC then you would probably go with EthernetIP. In that case you have to purchase the Ethernet IP adapter option for the robot if you don't already have it.

Its using Ethernet IP.

Advertising from our partners