fixed Abb Robot gets a linear external axis

• Hallo guys,

I have an abb robot (IRB660) that has been running for months now.The robot was mounted on the ground and fixed. the customer demanded that the abb robot be put on a gudel linear external axis. so my question is how do i get the robot to run with the old programms on a linear axis without having to manually reteach all 40 programms on the robot.

greetings

• Shit happens. Happy reteaching.:fearful_face:

If you know the distance from old robot mounting position to the actual one you can create a workobject with this distance and change the programs to that workobject.

• The Roboter has the search function. it basically picks parts with the help of the search function and then drops the parts in 40 different locations

• The programms where taught to Wobj0

:wallbash: This is why everything should be taught to Work Objects, and those Work Objects should have touchable points on the tooling to update them. And every tool/station should be a WObj of its own.

Well...

1. Make a backup.
    2. jog the robot to a known Pick or Drop position.
    3. Compare the robot's actual position to the programmed position
    4. Create a WObj that contains the difference between the two positions
    5. Change the program to use the new WObj.
    6. Test carefully -- when doing the subtraction, it's easy to get one or more axis backwards.
    7. Once you have a good WObj for one position, you should (if lucky) be able to copy that WObj for the other Pick&Drop positions.

This assumes the robot was not rotated when it was re-mounted. If it was... well, I know the math exists to do the 6DOF transform, but I'm not sure how to do it in RAPID.

• well, I know the math exists to do the 6DOF transform, but I'm not sure how to do it in RAPID.

You can do it in Robotstudio very easy with drag and drop targets from one wobj to the other.

In any case the values for new external axis has to be adjusted for the targets.

• :wallbash: This is why everything should be taught to Work Objects, and those Work Objects should have touchable points on the tooling to update them. And every tool/station should be a WObj of its own.

Well...

1. Make a backup.
    2. jog the robot to a known Pick or Drop position.
    3. Compare the robot's actual position to the programmed position
    4. Create a WObj that contains the difference between the two positions
    5. Change the program to use the new WObj.
    6. Test carefully -- when doing the subtraction, it's easy to get one or more axis backwards.
    7. Once you have a good WObj for one position, you should (if lucky) be able to copy that WObj for the other Pick&Drop positions.

This assumes the robot was not rotated when it was re-mounted. If it was... well, I know the math exists to do the 6DOF transform, but I'm not sure how to do it in RAPID.

thanks very much for the tipps. will try it out

Advertising from our partners