KUKA KRC5 Micro Controller Safety Interface

• have not encountered KRC5 yet but according to manual those are parallel safety interface and wiring is shown in the manual. What safety interface is used right now? cannot have ProfiSafe and parallel at the same time....

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• you can use WorkVisual to create safety configuration but...

the only way to activate safety configuration is through HMI on the robot itself.

and to do that you have to resolve other messages first. before you can activate safety configuration, KRC must be able to communicate with all safety devices (RDC, drives etc) meaning that Wov project and actual hardware configuration has to match.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hey, i was hoping to ask how to configure safety interface of KRC5 Micro Controller.

XG 11.1 AND XG 58

For the KRC5mirco,

You must jumper the plugs with the jumper links provided if you are not planning to use the additional external emergency stop and additional external operator safety.

This cannot be bypassed by software! You must jumper the terminals if you don't plan to use them.

Please find the images for the plug wiring.

I am not sure if I'm allowed to post a manual here as I respect KUKA copyrights and don't want to see myself kicked out of the forum.

Cheers.

• I am not sure if I'm allowed to post a manual here as I respect KUKA copyrights and don't want to see myself kicked out of the forum.

Posting the manuals that KUKA gives away with the robots is allowed. Posting the training manuals from KUKA College training courses is not allowed.

The information on wiring X11 is not considered proprietary, and as such presents no problems being posted.

Many of the KUKA manuals are available in the "Manuals, Software, and Tools" sub-forum of this forum.

• Posting the manuals that KUKA gives away with the robots is allowed. Posting the training manuals from KUKA College training courses is not allowed.

The information on wiring X11 is not considered proprietary, and as such presents no problems being posted.

Many of the KUKA manuals are available in the "Manuals, Software, and Tools" sub-forum of this forum.

Hi SkyeFire,

Thanks for the clarification.

Here's the KRC5 manual.

Cheers

Advertising from our partners