Stop robot motion with a signal

• Hi,

I have to make the robot detect when it has hit something on the Z axis. I think that's possible to do with some additional stuff from yaskawa,

but since I only need the z axis I thought I'd use a compensation unit between gripper and robot, that would send a signal from a sensor when it compresses(1-2mm).

I am new to programming yaskawa robots so I'm trying to figure out how to make the robot move along Z and stop when the signal is reached.

Thanks in advance

• Hi,

What is your application?

If you have a gripper that press, you must use force/torque sensor, there are other way and it is search sensor that usually use for find the workpiece before grip same as sheet in palletizing application, it can send signal to RIN inputs when the sensor install on the gripper sense the workpiece.

• Optional search function. Depending on what generation of controller you may need some extra hardware installed, along with the function turned on.

Program the position like this:

MOVL V= SRCH RIN#( )=ON. You need to fill in the speed and the input number.

Next line would be a GETS to see what happened. Did the robot reach the position or did the RIN come on. Don’t know what address it it since I don’t know what controller you’re dealing with.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I had a look in the official documentation and found a tag "until" which is apparently included in my controller (YRC1000). Wouldn't it achieve a similar result?

Also I don't have to do anything special with this, after the motion stops I need to activate the magnetic gripper and return along Z, to a Z value that stays the same, no matter the depth before.

• The UNTIL tag works the same as the SRCH. The exception is the UNTIL operates off a General Purpose as opposed to the SRCH which is a Rapid Input. The General Purpose Input goes through the ladder and has to be debounced through two scans of the ladder. The robot is still moving after this signal turns on while the signal is debounced.

You didn’t mention the controller generation in the original post which affects the scan of the ladder. You could try the UNTIL. You will have to move slowly down since the compression you mention is only a millimeter or two. This slow speed will affect cycle time. A Rapid Input would allow you to move faster down.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I have a SRCH routine available but its not turning on the RIN. What enables this? Any help?

Little more information would help.

What controller, I assume YRC since that is the OP’s controller?

What is the RIN connected to? Weld wire, Accufast, a sensor, a switch, etc.

What is in your search routine?

MOVL V=x SRCH RIN#(x)=x

GETS Bxxx $B00x

Or is this a job supplied by Yaskawa? Is the RIN addressed correctly?

• DX100 syatem

ComArc is what its connected to

I created the macro

• What I'm gathering is that the SRCH function isn't enabling the starting point detecting unit relay to switch on. With the Comarc box I should be able to verify it with the searching indicator light lit. It is not with a SRCH instruction but does on the TCH macro so it must be wired correctly.

• You’re saying that in your posted job the rapid input doesn’t work but when you run the TCH macro job it does.

Is that correct?

If so, the code is wrong or a tag on the line is wrong.

Advertising from our partners