WorkVisual 6.0 Unable to transfer code changes, no differences found

• Hello,

I'm trying to make edits to my code within the WorkVisual programming and diagnosis workspace, however after completing edits and attempting to transfer to the controller, WorkVisual states there are no differences found. I've attempted to restart WV multiple times and my computer also but each time the error persists. I've also disconnected from the robot, deleting my working directly, and reconnecting but this also doesn't fix the issue.

I am using work visual 6.0 and my controller is using KSS 8.5.8.

Any suggestions? Thank you

• well you could describe your steps and exact WoV version. I use WoV6.0.12 all the time, both with KRCs and OL - Never had an issue.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• well you could describe your steps and exact WoV version. I use WoV6.0.12 all the time, both with KRCs and OL - Never had an issue.

I am using WorkVisual 6.0 V6.0.3_Build0360. It appears 6.0.12 is a newer version, do I need to reinstall work visual entirely for this or is there an update option within WV?

if problem persists, post a screenshot and list of steps to reproduce it

1. Launch WV, cancel project open and move into Programming and diagnosis workspace

2. Create and open a connection to my controller

3. Establish controller state

4. For demonstration, I will try to add a new home position to the $config.dat, here is a screenshot of before and after edits.

• i see the same message when i try to transfer file that is already updated. transfer does take few seconds... is it possible that you missed it? are you checking if changes are really present on missing on the robot?

And if I still try to transfer again, there is of course nothing to be changed. And in that case I get the same message:

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi,

I have a small question and I think, probably, it will be correct to post here :smiling_face:

I use WoV V5.0.10.

With the time, I see that to transfer changes (in Programming and diagnosis) takes more time than early.

What can be the reason?

• Ok, I can specify my question.

What of these affects to a greater extent the time of each program load :

- large number of user global variables (already on controller),

- a lot of stored programs on controller at the same time,

- the size of program to load (more than 10 KB, for example),

- the kind of instructions in program to load,

- the number of subroutines in program to load,

- other..

Thanks

• What exactly are you talking about? Transfer or project activation? I never heard someone measuring the times based on your categories. Probably the most time consuming step is the controller reconfiguration inside VxWorks.

What is it you want to achieve with this questions. I do not see a concrete problem you need to solve here. All very vague. You only speak about it takes more time. In relation to what amount of time. What has been added/removed/... to project and controller in between before and after?

Compare to your previous project version that is faster. You know you can compare compare different projects in Work Visual? Use project diff it to get the differences and find out your answer yourself.

Fubini

• I do not change robot project.

When I work in WorkVisual V5.0.10 to transfer changes to controller in Programming and diagnosis.

I can compare this process on two identical robots. The 1st one is often in use and has a lot of programs. The 2nd one is not so popular...

Roughly speaking, 40 seconds vs.. 3 seconds respectively to load a program.

Edited once, last by DenisCa ().

• did you try different ethernet cable?

are you sure your network settings are correct? for example when IP address is ok but subnet mask does not match, this is not ok and weird things can happen.

are you sure there are no other conflicts (duplicate nodes on the network etc.)

did you check your task manager? anything hogging resources?

did you try shutting down anything that may interfere (antivirus etc.)?

3) read 1 and 2

• I got the same error and I thin I maybe found the source of the problem : Too much folder depth

If your program is inside a folder which is inside another and so on the KRC may not see the change in workvisual while you can upload it from the KRC to workvisual

I hope this helps,

Advertising from our partners