SR-6ia basic help- onboard valves

• So, I am still without any manuals or info on this Scara. The more I read, the more it seems like Fanuc holds documentation hostage.

But anyway- The onboard pneumatic valves on the SR6ia, is there a regulator as well? Our supply air seems greatly reduced when its run through one of the valves in the robot.

Thanks for any info.

R.U.R., Our next job- and all future jobs if I have my say, will be with ABB. :thumbs_up:

• I don't know yet if there is a regulator, but I just got a FANUC SR-3iA today and I'm experiencing something similar.

When I use the vacuum gripper without running it through the robot it holds better then if I run it through the robot so I measured it and while it's not cut in half or anything, it's significant.

I'm hoping that there's just something I don't understand here.

I'm also finding it odd that it has 2 valves, but 4 connection points so if I turn one of the valves on then I get suction on 2 corresponding lines which is annoying as I am only going to use 1 so I have to plug the other.

• Thank-you, is that just because of the losses? I did it this way thinking that the SR-3 has a low load capacity and I was trying to keep as much off of there as possible.

Also, I got the version with the valves built into the robot, but I'm struggling to figure out how to turn them on/off. I've been reading through documentation trying to find it, but I haven't found it yet.

• I'm also surprised to hear that I shouldn't run the vacuum through, it as that is what FANUC was doing when I went to their SCARA training in Michigan.

Edited once, last by Leo13 ().

• Leo13

Those outpots are RO outputs

If you take the cover apart (it's quite simple) you will see the valves at the front closer to the axis 3 shaft

Those valves are not vacuum valves

As far as vacuum (if there were), maybe if you are picking a tiny round piece of plastic lets say 1/4" diameter and 20 thou thick maybe they will work but if you were trying to lift 6 pounds I do no think they will work

Retired but still helping

• The problem normally is the diameter of the hoses. The hoses going through the robot are too small for big air flow, but venturi nozzles need big air flow.

Thank-you!!!

I got 6mm hoses pushed through that should arrive today I'll try it with those instead.

Advertising from our partners