Custom positioners (stations) questions

• #1 How totally custom kinematics has to be configured in YRC1000 controller properly? For example 3 axis: linear+rotary+rotary? As far as I understood TURN-3 has to be selected in maintenance mode but there's no fields for kinematics parameters. For coordinated motions translations (X,Y,Z,RX,RY,RZ) for axis1-2 and axis2-3 have to be configured.

#2 For example having a cell with two workzones and each one with a positioner. Accordingly there're two groups R1+S1 and R1+S2. It would be convenient to have a single job teached with R1+S1 group and to switch the group from R1+S1 to R1+S2. Is there some options/instructions for that?

thanks in advance.:smiling_face:

• #1 With the linear you enter in the gear reduction/ball-screw pitch. With the rotary you enter in the gear reduction and offset between axis 2 and 3. With the last rotary you enter in the gear reduction. Once configured, for coordinated motion you calibrate the robot to station axes. The controller then knows the relationship between the hardware.

#2 There used to be on older controllers. Yaskawa took the ability to change hardware in the header on the DX200 around DN2.10. Due to complains it came back around DN2.19. On the YRC it was taken away for future enhancements. Easiest way is to change in the header in Notepad or Wordpad.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• #1 With the linear you enter in the gear reduction/ball-screw pitch. With the rotary you enter in the gear reduction and offset between axis 2 and 3. With the last rotary you enter in the gear reduction. Once configured, for coordinated motion you calibrate the robot to station axes. The controller then knows the relationship between the hardware.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

For example, I added UNIV-3 station with configuration LINEAR-ROTARY-ROTARY and the only kinematic parameter was axis2-axis3 offset. It seems to be insufficient and is quite confusing me.

In KUKA while configuring external kinematics 6dof frames (x,y,z,a,b,c) are configured for ROOT-AXIS1, AXIS1-AXIS2, AXIS2-AXIS3: eventually 18 parameters. Even for Denevit-Hartenberg model at least 2x4=8 parameters are required.

After all, in common sence 1 parameter is not enough.

I found this picture below. If I got this right, the relationship between axis1 and axis2 is nothing but a real number OFFSET.

This parameter can be accepted with 2 restrictions:

- axis1 and axis2 are intersected

- angle between axis1 and axis2 is strictly 90 degrees

Not all positioners meet these requirements. Besides I have experience in high precisioin calibration of external kinematics and those 6dof FRAME parameters in KUKA robots was very useful.

So, it would be great if you point me out where full featured kinematics parameters are set.

Advertising from our partners