KRC2 robot receiving "Commanded gear torque A3" stop

• Hello guys,

I got a KRC 2 240 robot ed2005 KSS 5.6. I got a specific location where if an operator will press either the buttons for stop or safety the robot will receive this specific message and then the operator has to enter the robot cell and Ackn. that line in order work with the robot again. I as first line of code some TORQMON limits, but the peak value I monitor with TORQ_DIFF for axis 3 is between 28 or 35 and my set limit is 45. I even tried to run the program with 70% for that axis or cut the limits from the beginning of the program where that point is located and set them after that but I still receive that.

Also is it possible to change the operating mode of the robot from the PLC and Ackn that error from the PLC in order to limit the access in the robot cage?

Thank you guys!:thumbs_up:

• I deleted the line 6 "TORQMON SetLimits" from the photo. But if an operator stops the production line when the robot program runs between line 4 and 10 sometimes we receive the error "Commanded gear torque A3". My question is how can I remove this stop times?

Because every time this happens someone has to go to the control panel --> open the gate--> change robot operating mode in T1 and Ackn the error "Commanded gear torque A3" in order to use the production line again.

Code
    INI

PTP HOME

;pozitionare pentru etajul 6
    LIN P14 Vel=2m/s

;Betweem line 3 and 6 if the robot stops I receive that error...
  • The robot is a KR240 KRC 2, the maximum payload is around 200 Kg. But our physical load can alternate between 50-80 Kg.

We use him to transport different silicon molds, also a good note should be that the robot receives that error when the gripper is the only load.

The gripper has around 20 Kg.

• But is the $LOAD data correct? Especially the CoG and inertia values.

Even for a robot that's not carrying it's maximum payload in kg, the CoG has an amplifying effect. The robot needs accurate $LOAD data to avoid over-driving itself. And if the robot is moving at high speed$accel, in an awkward pose, it's still sometimes possible to exceed an axis's vel/torque limits. For example, if the robot is at all close to the A3 singularity, and in the middle of a motion that drives A3 very hard, that could possibly cause this error.

One test would be to reduce the robot's speed and/or accel values in the area where this error occurs, and see if that reduces the failure rate.

• Thank you for you response! I will try to run the program at lower speeds.

Also where I can find more information about #LOAD data, maybe in the system integrator manual for 5.6?

• Resetting the signal for MOVE_ENABLE and after 2 seconds also resetting DRIVERS_OFF and CONF_MESS.

And if the operator randomly stops the robot in that area, when the robot tries to start again that TORQUE error pops.

• Thank you for you response! I will try to run the program at lower speeds.

Also where I can find more information about #LOAD data, maybe in the system integrator manual for 5.6?

Check the KSS 5.x manuals in the Manuals sub-forum. $LOAD is detailed, but not explained, in the System Variables manual.

When a normal Inline Form point is run, $LOAD is set to LOAD_DATA[ X ], where X is the active tool number. So:

Would set $LOAD to LOAD_DATA[6].

• Hello guys,

Is it possible to use TORQMON for a point like in krc4?(change the motion and add collision 1 example)

I used it earlier collision detection in krc4, but never in krc2.

I saw what panic mode wrote in other post, but if i apply torqmon, will it use it for the full program?!

I would like to use torqmon for searching with empty hand at 1 point, because i packing different products(different weight too), so if the load is not 100% correct, the robot will stop with collision detection what i applied, like you guys said upper.

Is there any solution for this problem? I was looking for a lot of manuals, but i didn't find this.

Thanks for your help in advance!

• Thanks for your answers!

That’s what i sent above. If i do this the robot will monitor the torque for the full program. If something change in load, the robot will stop immediately.(and of course the load won’t be similar every single type :frowning_face: )

So it looks like there is no collision detection in krc2 (which is investigate “1 point” like in krc4).

Am i right?

• like with all things, effect of setting added into a program will have an effect from place where setting is made until place it is changed. this works for any variable (tool, base, output, approximation, counter,...). i do not see why this would be any different.

so one may choose to use one setting for certain part of the program, and different for another part of the program. for example one can try reducing value to get greater sensitivity when moving empty gripper, then after part is picked up, increase the values (for lower sensitivity), etc.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners