KRC5 TO PLC CONNECTION

• Hi all,

For the one's who got their hands on with the new KRC5 micro on KSS8.7 and Profinet 6.0 KOP.

The fancy 8 port ethernet switch on the krc5 will be a little tricky.

But for use KLI2 (Port XF5 for PLC Connection - Ethernet/Profinet)

Manual mentions XF6 does the same but does not appear to establish any comms.

Use KSI (Port XF1) for Programming Wov/Debug.

Hope it helps

• what...?

Hi panic mode,

I'm not too sure what to say.

The new KRC5 micro has 8 rj45 ports which are dedicated to a specific task.

Ports are assigned to daisy chain other robots into the robo team or connect to a plc or IT interface or Programming Port.

It's great in a sense we don't have to match the controller IP address to program it. The XF1 is on a DHCP server at 172.31.17.255 that assigns an IP to the user (similar to the ABB IRC5). Plug and Program.

A few extra things to be wired up are the additional external stop and additional operator safety. If not used it had to be jumpered. (16 pin plug on the controller).

Also the controller has onboard 16 pin digital IO.

The UPS ACCUMULATOR (Battery box) is supplied in a separate little box that can be daisy chained to several other krc5's.

The whole commissioning took less than 8 hours.

I hope it would be useful information if someone ever gets a c5. Luckily we're fortunate to have one of the very few c5 supplied in the world.

• Hi all,

first post here, and new to KUKA world. :smiling_face:

Recently i started to work with a KR C5 Micro as well, and that same situation happened.
    With the same setup as n0909, Port XF6 does not seem to establish any communication too, only with XF5.

Meanwhile, found this in the manual:

5.5.3.4 KLI interfaces

Description

The KLI interfaces are equivalent. The interfaces can be used to connect

OT networks or IT networks. The following connections are possible:

• KLI 1: Interface to the PLC (e.g. Profinet with ProfiSafe or EtherNet/IP

with CIP Safety)

• KLI 2: Interface to the terminal (e.g. Profinet or Ethernet/IP)

Hope it helps

• Hello everybody.

As I understand it, XF6 is a Master, XF5 is a Slave.

I could not find a KRC5 controller on the Profinet bus in the TIA Portal via XF5.

What settings should the KRC5 have to connect to the Profinet bus via TIA Portal?

Thanks.

• Hi pfuser,

What do you mean ?

Did you manually assign a static IP address for the KRC5 controller?

You will have to assign a static IP address first on the KRC5 and make sure the IO Device is activated if you're planning to use a Siemens PLC as PN Master and KRC5 as PN slave IO device.

Connect the PLC to the KRC5 on KLI2 and then assign a PN name from accessible devices from the TIA portal.

Hope it helps

• First time using a KRC 5 micro aswell.

Imported the project from controller in WorkVisual.

There is no "PROFINET" under the Bus structure or under the "Fieldbusses" tab.

How do I do the IO mapping to profinet?

Profinet S v6.0.4 installed on the robot and the option package is also installed in WorkVisual v6.0.24 build 1632.

• open WorkVisual

get working project from KRC

activate it (in WorkVisual) to be able to see and navigate Bus structures

right click on Bus Structures and add ProfiNet etc.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• ... and make sure the IO Device is activated if you're planning to use a Siemens PLC as PN Master and KRC5 as PN slave IO device.

Connect the PLC to the KRC5 on KLI2 and then assign a PN name from accessible devices from the TIA portal.

What do you mean "make sure the IO Device is activated" ?

What do you mean "Connect the PLC to the KRC5 on KLI2"? I have just "KLI" tab under Start-up > Network Configuration

I connected the PLC to the XF5 port on the robot controller, set a Fixed IP address to the controller. I can ping this address just fine with my laptop.

I added PROFINET to the Bus structure in WorkVisual and deployed the project back to the controller

I added the KRC5 GSDML file in TIA Portal.

I set the IP address in TIA Portal to match the one in the controller.

Still "Not reachable"

EDIT:
    Ok... so under WorkVisual I had to right click on PROFINET under the Bus Structure, choose "Settings" and put a checkmark infront of "Activate PROFINET device stack" and have the Profinet device name also match with the one in TIA Portal.

XF5 port seems fine for the communication. The device is now green in TIA Portal.

Edited once, last by Koppel ().

• Did you activate the PROFINET Device stack in the PROFINET settings in WOV? Did you also make the other settings, e.g. number of IOs, PROFINET name, PROFIsafe settings (if needed), etc.? Check these settings on both sides, WOV and TIA Portal.

Advertising from our partners